Jamal Richardson turns down NFL offer to remain with AL's

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=262262&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main]http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=262262& ... lines_main[/url]

apparently he wanted a bigger bonus and such and likes montreal as a team and city

Wow 1st Nick Now Richardson in Montreal
Could this be year CFL Keep more players then lose them to NFL Tryouts.???

That's a shame. I was hoping he'd leave. :wink:

4 years too... that is very rare these days. Last star player I remember signing for four years was Ricky Ray.

I really like to see players stay.

At best he would be a 4th or 5th receiver. More than likely he would make the minimum, then be a final cut in camp and be in Montreal the week after labour day.

More people should start doing this, as Nick Setta said, the money in the CFL is good. Okay, it might be in Canadian but I could live comfortably on 100,000 a year. Sure in the NFL you can become a millionaire overnite and have a good pension but there was a study that I"ll have to find where a high percentage of players who got big contracts end up broke within 5 years of retiring.

Jamal Richardson...now this is a guy WE need. Big powerful runner after the catch. A couple of guys like him, more strength on the O line and our offence would be fearsome.
Good to see him staying in the CFL.

Are we sure the funds are in Canadian it could be us Dollars
When you play in the NFL for 1 2 3 4 5 Season Your Just well off Your not Rich
You need to play 6-17 Seasons to Be Rich IMO But your never Wealthy
You still Manage you money will to do it.
Jerry Jones is Rich
Bob Young is Rich .
Bill Gates is Wealthy

Maybe we could talk Desjardins into trading him and a lineman to us for a backup QB :smiley:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am 100% positive that the funds are in Canadian dollars. There was an article in the Spec last month where Nick Setta left his money he made with the Cats in a bank here in Canada because the exchange rate went through the roof.