Jake Ireland must be legally blind

The missed field goal clearly hit the goal post before it hit the ground and Ireland misses the obvious again.

Article 4 – Kicked Ball Striking Goal Post Assembly (a) If the ball, after being kicked, should strike the opposing team’s goal post assembly in flight, the ball shall be declared dead immediately and awarded to the receiving team as first down at its 25-yard line. (b) A kicked ball striking the goal post assembly after having touched an official, the ground or a player, shall remain in play.
The ball was tipped

And there was no review on the play. Not a scoring play, and no challenge flag thrown. So why would Ireland be involved?

And I thought it hit the ground before it hit the post. But I could be wrong, as the ball was hidden behind the post in the only view I saw on the TV coverage.

As explained by the ref
All field goal attempts successful or not are reviewed by the command center

Nail.. meet Hammer..

Ireland IS blind!!!!

Is that new this year? (Watching with the sound off, so I missed that announcement.)

As explained by the ref All field goal attempts successful or not are reviewed by the command center
Is that new this year? (Watching with the sound off, so I missed that announcement.)
I know all scoring plays are reviewable - they must group fg attempts in that

As of this year you can chalange a field goal Dont know about the Auto review

the call was good. Both games today well reffed :thup:

There was still some really bad calls/non calls but overall, agreed no Ref decided the outcome in either game

From the 2013 CFL Rule Book:

[b]INSTANT REPLAY REVIEWABLE PLAY TYPES[/b] e. Scoring Plays

All scoring plays will be automatically reviewed by the replay official in the command centre. In addition all attempts of Field Goals and kicked Convert that have been ruled unsuccessful shall be automatically reviewed.

Sounds like it's just a little known rule that was poorly explained on TV, and not a mistake by the refs. So :thup: to the refs for that.

Where did you find the 2013 rulebook

There's an HTML version at http://cfldb.ca/rulebook/.

Shouldn't have mattered, as was ruled earlier this year, it is not a kick until it crosses the line of scrimmage. Hence Peredes' streak was allowed to continue. It was touched behind the line of scrimmage. Another case in point, had the ball crossed over the crossbar, it would have counted. Also if a punt is tipped it is still no yards and in this case no yards was called.

I think the call was incorrect, have to say though in well over 50 years of watching the CFL, I have never seen that happen before.

Totally different situation. Do you see anywhere in that rule where it says anything about the LOS.

The rule is right there....
A ball touched by a player shall remain in play

It's been laid out in black and white here...people are at this point complaining for the sake of it.

Actually it is not black and white, there are several layers of grey. The CFL ruled earlier this year as has been pointed out, a field goal attempt does not become a field goal attempt until it crosses the line of scrimmage.

I don't see anybody complaining about it just some friendly discussion. If that is a problem for you, don't read it, you have that right.

Accoring to the 2011CFL rule book that is available on this site, (possible that the rule has changed since) under blocked kicks.

Section 3 - Article 1

“If the kicked ball after being touched prior to crossing the Line of Scrimmage should strike any part of the receiving teams goal post assemble in flight, without touching the ground, an official or a player, it shall be declared dead immediately and awarded to the receiving team on its 25 yard line.”

If somebody has a more recent version that contradicts this please post, otherwise this seems pretty black and white to me.