Jake Gaudaur

Sad news. Jake Gaudaur passed away today.

BURLINGTON, Ont. — One of the CFL’s most influential commissioners has died.
Jake Gaudaur died of cancer Tuesday morning at the age of 87, his daughter Diane said.
Born Jacob Gill Gaudaur on Oct. 5, 1920 in Orillia, Ont., he spent time in the CFL as a player, executive and commissioner, a career spanning more than 40 years.
“He was a very modest man so he never spoke of his accomplishments,? said Diane Gaudaur. “He was a very quiet man, very humble.
“He was certainly proud of his involvement with the CFL at all levels, even back to the early days.?
He played for the Hamilton Tigers (1940-1941, 1948-1949), Toronto Argonauts (1941), Toronto RCAF Hurricanes (1942), Toronto Indians (of the Ontario Rugby Football Union, 1945-’46), Montreal Alouettes (1947), Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1950-1951, 1953). He won Grey Cups as a player with the Hurricanes as well as his final season with the Ticats in ‘53.
He served as a director with the Ticats in ‘52 and was the club’s president and general manager from 1956 to ‘67.

A true legend of the CFL.

My sympathies are with his family.

Sad indeed.

My thoughts to his family and to all who knew Jake well.

Oski Wee Wee,

The first thing on Gadaur’s plate in TC front office was a 150,000$ law suit launched by the Chicago Bear’s George Halas. TC coach Carl Voyles tried to sign a QB already under contract. The player?
George Blanda.

Today is indeed a very sad day. This is a great loss to the Hamilton Tiger Cat family. We have been blessed to have this team in all it's glory past.
To the Gadaur family my heartfelt sympathy at this difficult time. I am glad in my lifetime to have met Mr. Gadaur, and he will be missed.

I got chance to speak to him back in 2006
I will never forget this legend of the CFL.
RIP Jake

My Deepest sympathy to his family and friends....

Jake Gaudar was a legend. He'll be missed by fans across the country.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Jake Gaudaur was an outstanding steward of the Tiger-Cat franchise in its golden era when victory was the norm. He followed that up by becoming one of the best commissioners in the history of the CFL. His name evokes pride and respect in the hearts and minds of Ticat fans everywhere.

My condolences to Mr. Gaudaur's family.

Jake Gaudaur's positive effect on The Tiger-Cats, and the CFL in general, cannot be overstated; the man was a genius,and a gentleman of great quality. We may never see his kind again. Rest in Peace, Mr. Gaudaur! Condolences and prayers to the family.

To me Jake Gaudaur was Mr CFL. Great Commissioner, great man.
Condolences to his family.

I concur with the many kind sentiments expressed here about Mr. Gaudaur. I am glad to have been at the game in 2004 when he was added to the Wall of Honour. Condolences to his family.