Jack-Kurdyla, Elks agree to two-year extension

EDMONTON — Tomas Jack-Kurdyla has signed a two-year contract extension with the Double E, the team announced on Wednesday. The veteran offensive lineman was set to become a free agent on February 13.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2024/01/24/jack-kurdyla-elks-agree-to-two-year-extension

Yeah! Thomas JK has been pretty solid at right guard. Glad to see him back.

1 Like

Whew. Sigh of relief that he’s on board. They’ve pretty much signed everyone I’d call “must” signings but AC. IMO there is still some tread on the tires & I’d like to see him there for one more year.

1 Like

I was looking at the list yesterday and there were 7 unsigned free agents. I think you are right AC has a year or two left in him for sure.
I might hope they would sign Josiah St. John (OL) but not sure they will.
The only other name that sticks out is Tony Jones but not sure there either. They moved him around in the linebacking corps last year but not certain he found a spot.

1 Like

Personally, I would like to see St John signed. He dressed as the 6th guy a lot. For all the abuse he takes as a #1 pick, he’s been good enough to play for multiple teams & has put together a 7 year career to date. Gotta give the guy some credit.

1 Like

…and that’s tough, because you are not always in the same position. Most people do not realize the change in footwork that goes with those changes.
You don’t just “block the guy in front of you”. When there are shifts and kick outs and all kinds of blocking schemes for the run game, filling a position you don’t usually play is daunting to say the least…

1 Like