Ivor Wynne staff busted ! 3 fired and 3 suspended

City disciplines Ivor Wynne staff

Three city staffers who worked at Ivor Wynne stadium have been fired for selling beer illegally, letting unauthorized people into the stadium and cashing in on empty alcohol bottles.

Three city staffers who worked at Ivor Wynne stadium have been fired for selling beer illegally, letting unauthorized people into the stadium and cashing in on empty alcohol bottles.

Three other city employees at Ivor Wynne have been suspended.

The city is keeping details of the offences confidential because the issue is a personnel matter about identifiable individuals.

However, the Spectator has learned the employees worked as facility operators, groundskeepers and general labourers. Some of them have worked at Ivor Wynne for three or four years, while others have about 25 years of experience.

more ------> http://www.thespec.com/news/local/artic ... ynne-staff

Looks like subsidies weren’t going to the Ticats after all eh ? :roll:

Also, I believe I posted a few weeks ago about the fact the stadium staff seemed to be sitting around all day watching practices and goofing around and working very little. Maybe a huge overhaul of staff and stadium management should be done

I know most of Staff There from Going to Practices …

I am shocked… :oops:

More reason to let BY take over operations of the stadium.

Union guys so they probably thought they were entitled to do it and if they get caught their Union will step in and say it was just a misunderstanding.

LOL. Love how you say that without a hint of irony.

To Mitchell's credit he's streamlined a lot of crap, unproductive and disruptive elements out of internal and external staff, contractors at IWS that built up over the nightmare years of 05-07/08.

Hopefully city staff haven't let this go on too long and have nipped it in the bud.

There was a stadium manager that was criminally charged a year or two before Bob bought the team. He was going into the coaches offices after hours, stealing team memorabilia and hoarding it at his home. So, untoward activities are nothing new for Ivor Wynne city workers down there.

Hopefully city staff haven't let this go on too long and have nipped it in the bud.
If so, then "BRAVO" !

There was a TC employee not long ago who had been ripping off equipment for years. Illegal goings on at IWS itsn't limited to city workers.

I'm just glad they were stopped and Mitchell is still comitted to cutting out the deadwoodinvolved in team operations as it pertains to IWS .Gawd knows the team needed it.

There was a TC employee not long ago who had been ripping off equipment for years.
that may have been a volunteer Bob inherited from the old ownership......not an employee

yes, but my point was that these guys are city workers and unionized, they will be given a hearing, probably a second or third change a lot of them have a sense of entitlement.
The Ticat employee like many in the private sector would be fired straight away, and so they should.

Yeah, I see your point. 8)

also, let's hope there are no problems with the LLBO over this. :expressionless:

Did I stutter?
The person stealing equipment, whichever year it was uncovered, was a team employee.

My words exactly! The people that go to practice on a regualar basis all knows these guys, my mouth drop when i read the title of this thread! Not going to mention names, but i sure hope to see him when practice begins once again at ivor wynne!
For those that did do this "Shame on You" im a huge Ti-Cat fan and would love to work for this team or the stadium! :thdn:

as far as letting people in goes, whats the big deal. My friends used to let me into maple leaf gardens all the time in the 70's. Dressed in my army uniform, people kept thinking I was an usher.

During the bad years when the Tiger Cats were near bankruptcy

one of the steel mills bought tickets from the Tiger Cats
to help the Tiger Cats bring in some much needed income

and gave their employees those tickets or sold them to them for $5. [?]

and these high wage employees came down to the stadium
to, in effect, steal $15 to $50 dollars from the Tiger Cats

by selling them to people right outside the ticket window.

You would say 'whats the big deal' about that, too, eh FYB?

I didn't! I did not like their behavior one bit

nor do I like scalpers who do the same thing.

It's a huge deal to the LLBO when there is an unlawful bootlegging operation going on at the stadium by city staff (allegedly)

It not only takes revenues away from the Tiger-Cats and other vendors, but can result in the suspension of the liquor license as happened recently at Argonaut Games for LLBO infractions.

Hamilton never ceases to disappoint. :lol:

Oh please. You don't think this crap goes on everywhere? As far as letting people in for free, why shouldn't they have to pay for their tickets when I have to pay for mine?

I agree but what is it with your city...

The stadium mess that goes on and on and on and on...

Now this...

Is there EVER any good news that comes out of Hamilton?