I've narrowed it down . . .

. . . to two teams: the Eskimos and the Blue Bombers. My reasoning is simple: the Eskimos closely resemble the Packers (I'm a Wisconsin native) and the Blue Bombers are geographically closer to Wisconsin (time zone). So, which team has the richest tradition and deepest connection with their fans? What are some things I should know about each team?

Well, if you look at their Head Coach. One is the picture of class and personality, the other is a douchebag.

ABE.

Anyone but Edmonton.

PS: You should go with the Stamps :wink:

Despite the jealousy displayed by CanucKev, Edmonton enjoys the most successful franchise in league history both on and off the field. They have the best stadium, lead the league in attendance every year. Are community owned and if all that isn't enough, check this out.

http://www.esks.com/CheerTeam/tabid/483/Default.aspx Best in the league by a country mile!

But why don't you watch the teams in action and decide based on their play.

IF STADIUMS ARE A REQUIREMENT.....give the Bombers the nod.....they'll have a brand new one in 2011....as for tradition ....Bombers hold their own in that dept... :wink:

The Eskimos are also the only stadium in the CFL with a grass field, the reason for this can be explained.

The rest of the cities had to go to artificial turf to keep their cheerleaders from grazing. :cowboy: :lol: :twisted:

Disclaimer....For those who are slightly more obtuse, there is no truth to the above. Any resemblance between other teams cheerleaders and cattle, is purely conicidental and Calgary does have a strip of grass for the horse.

I would suggest flipping a coin.

Eskimos = Yankees Their old coach and GM Hugh Cambell was the real commisioner of the league for about 20 years.

Winnipeg = Reds Have a storied past and fans are hungry for those days to return.

Saskatchewan = 1919 BlackSox. Both teams over the salary cap .

Maybe this will help give you a point of reference.

If those are the choices, I would suggest cutting your throat.....

If similarity to the Pack is what you are looking for, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the answer.

very entertaining answers in this thread!

im biased so I got to say go with the Bombers.

[b]cfleskfan [/b]"The Eskimos are also the only stadium in the CFL with a grass field, the reason for this can be explained.

The rest of the cities had to go to artificial turf to keep their cheerleaders from grazing." :cowboy: :lol: :twisted:

I don't know whether to laugh myself silly out or be highly offended.
In fact, I think I'll do both! :slight_smile:

But Edmonton is the only team in the league that has guys with manboobs on their cheer team :cowboy:

Maybe that's why their cheerleaders don't graze. They have dudes that lactate :lol:

Thanks for your comments. I'll take them under advisement. Perhaps fans from both the Eskimos and Bombers could share some insights about their respective teams so I could get a feel for what they represent, which may also allow me to get to know the personalities of their fans.

Pick either one…doesn’t matter. You’ll still miss the playoffs this year.

Don't bet on it.

I'm a long time Eskie fan, but I'd say you'd be making a decent choice by cheering for the Bombers. Besides, they have extra cool uniforms :smiley:

Help me become acquainted with the key players that I should keep an eye on. Who are the big names on each team for both offense and defense? Who has a proven track record? Since I'm new, everyone are quite foreign to me.

I really like the new look Eskies this year. I think they'll be a playoff force. Sorry Saskatchewan.

Well, it is a real toss-up for me. Like many who enjoy their football, a lot of the sentimentality has to do with the relationship between one’s history and the team/sport they endeared themselves to (usually during their youth). Unfortunately for me (no pun intended), I’m a little late in the (CFL-style) game; so to develop that sense of community/identification with the team/fans of the particular choice I have decided upon. A little time, patience, and assistance from that fan-base will go a long way to becoming a lifelong fan myself.

It seems to me (and this is no slight toward the other team’s fans) that the fans of this particular team demonstrated a deeper passion. After weighing the options, and feeling a strong pull in that direction, considering a familial tie with my own football history, I have decided to join the ranks of the Edmonton Eskimos!

Viewing my profile, it is not difficult to see why I gravitated toward this decision. Edmonton is the smallest market. Team colors are similar. Plus, the fans.

If you are an Eskimos fan, please request to be my “friend” and introduce me to others. I will need your support as I begin my introductory season into the Canadian brand of professional football.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread!

Well, it is a real toss-up for me. Like many who enjoy their football, a lot of the sentimentality has to do with the relationship between one's history and the team/sport they endeared themselves to (usually during their youth). Unfortunately for me (no pun intended), I'm a little late in the (CFL-style) game; so to develop that sense of community/identification with the team/fans of the particular choice I have decided upon. A little time, patience, and assistance from that fan-base will go a long way to becoming a lifelong fan myself.

It seems to me (and this is no slight toward the other team's fans) that the fans of this particular team demonstrated a deeper passion. After weighing the options, and feeling a strong pull in that direction, considering a familial tie with my own football history, I have decided to join the ranks of the Edmonton Eskimos!

Viewing my profile, it is not difficult to see why I gravitated toward this decision. Edmonton is the smallest market. Team colors are similar. Plus, the fans.

If you are an Eskimos fan, please request to be my "friend" and introduce me to others. I will need your support as I begin my introductory season into the Canadian brand of professional football.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread!