It's so great us CFL fans can wear our jerseys

to games here. I sort of feel sorry for "NFL only counts fans" who have to wear their jerseys around town knowing they will never be able to wear that jersey in their hometown for that team. Just thinking this today because I saw a guy in the grocery store wearing his Tom Brady Pats jersey looking so proud but sort of felt sorry for him knowing that here in Hamilton, that's all he can do while I can wear my TiCats jersey and actually go to a game with it with over 20,000 others in my home town most cheering for the Cats. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both leagues but as I say, NFL only fans can't go to a game in their hometown in Canada for their team. Thank goodness I love our CFL!

but its the same for cfl fans whose homes are in the states, or anywhere else in the world, or any canadian not living in a cfl city.

I get to wear my Henley Cats jersey to.games with tbousands of other Cats fans in my home city. Sweet. :thup:

you’ve got a Garney Henley jersey Earl?
one of the all time greats for certain.

Did you ever meet the man?

Yes tangle. Love wearing it on game day.

Ooooh, Garney Henley... Here I was thinking Earl was a rowing fan. :lol:

We're not supposed to wear team colors at the office, but I can wear my CFL stuff because I'm the crazy canuck and nobody knows what team they are for. :lol:

Most of the so called NFL fans that I have met over the years have their favourite teams jersey but they have never paid to see an NFL game and they just watch them on T.V. for free.
Yes , some Bills fans actually go to see games in Buffalo but they are the exception.
A lot of NFL fans don't even watch the games. They just look at the scores in the morning for betting.

OK, I'm as big a CFL fan as you're going to find, but this is an absolutely stupid statement. To say that a lot of NFL fans don't watch the games is ludicrous and completely false. I know you're very pro-CFL, but you don't need to say ridiculous things like this. You can't prove this to be true, so don't state it as fact. And since the NFL makes BILLIONS off their TV deals, I think the networks that air NFL games would strongly disagree with you.

Sorry , I have met many people in Canada like this. I know a few of them.

So to me it is a fact. You can't prove me wrong , as well.

The NFL makes BILLIONS off T.V. deals in the U.S. and I was talking about some Canadian NFL fans. Take a pill and relax.

The NFL ratings in Canada are not that high except for the Superbowl and some play offs.

I am sorry if you don't believe that. I guess that VEGAS must be missing something.
I guess that all of those betting lines in Canadian papers are for nothing.

I guess the ARGOS play Hamilton next. It has already started. :lol:

I also know supposed NFL fans in Canada who only check scores.
Throwing around words like stupid, ludicrous etc., is fairly ludicrous and stupid.

To both of you: annecdotal evidence is not fact, though. You know a few people that do this; I know a few people that don't. I guess those two groups cancel each other out.

Saying the NFL, which is a multi-BILLION dollar industry, has "a lot of fans" that don't watch games is ludicrous. ESPN, Fox, CBS and NBC wouldn't be throwing money at the NFL to broadcast games if they didn't think people were watching. I get that you want to pump the tires of the CFL, but positing opinion based on annecdotal evidence is not the way to do it.

We both know people who call themselves fans who only check scores, what is anecdotal about that?

You should have just apologized, you'd seem so much less petty that way.

Speaking of jerseys, did anyone notice the lack of 'new look jerseys in the crowd in Regina Sunday?
Every crowd shot, I'd scan the green sea for the new designs and didn't see any.
Could it be, riderville is sick of all the jersey changes reebok is heaping on them?
I took great pleasure to see that the new look is being rejected by the rider faithful.
I hope RBK reconsiders how often they change the uniforms.
The riders had, IMO, the best look in football in the alternate/retro unis. Would love to see them revert back to them.

Only Toronto and Hamilton have improved their looks this season. All the other teams took a step back, IMO.

Sorry , I have met many people in Canada like this. I know a few of them.
[/quote]
I also know supposed NFL fans in Canada who only check scores.
Throwing around words like stupid, ludicrous etc., is fairly ludicrous and stupid.
[/quote]
To both of you: annecdotal evidence is not fact, though. You know a few people that do this; I know a few people that don't. I guess those two groups cancel each other out.

Saying the NFL, which is a multi-BILLION dollar industry, has "a lot of fans" that don't watch games is ludicrous. ESPN, Fox, CBS and NBC wouldn't be throwing money at the NFL to broadcast games if they didn't think people were watching. I get that you want to pump the tires of the CFL, but positing opinion based on annecdotal evidence is not the way to do it.
[/quote]
1st,learn to spell ANECDOTAL if you're going to use it. 2nd, why do those groups cancel each other out? This isn't algebra. 3rd, those are the facts as sadargofan and seanmac know them. I know some NFL fans like that too!....Continue on with your drivel, Blogskee

This cannot be the smartest thing you have ever said (I sure hope not :? ). The NFL literally makes BILLIONS of dollars every year from their TV contracts. Can you guess why that is?

Not sure what I'm reading Earl, maybe I'm misunderstanding the post. I see camera shots every week of NFL fans wearing their team jerseys in their own stadiums.....Ummmm, what am I missing from this post? Have I been dreaming?

Let's see, the NFL got $3.73 billion from CBS, $3.6 billion from NBC, $4.27 billion from Fox and $8.8 billion from ESPN, for a grand total of $20.4 billion. That combined number go up to almost $40 billion next year when the new TV deals kick in. I guess those networks should save their money because "a lot of NFL fans" don't watch the games according to a few guys on a CFL forum.

The way I understood it Sporty was that we are lucky to be in our own cities, or provinces where we can wear our stuff as opposed to NFL only fans that cannot join in the fun of going the games and stuff in the cities in which they live.

Like here in Regina you sometimes do see some misguided fools who do not like the CFL at all. They are all about NFL (as you know I love the NFL too). So they will wear whatever NFL team's jersey they like and just miss out on the all the fun of being a Rider fan.

You never answer what has been asked!! More drivel in the guise of "raw data"!! Semantics !! I won't bother posting on this thread again. Then you can have the last word because I know it makes you feel superior...