It's only week one....

I know it was said last year, to no effect, but give them a chance to gel. With half the team new this year and playing against a bona fide Grey Cup contender, you have to expect challenges. Sure they deserve the bashing they've received in this forum, but I won't be ready to truly dump on them until after a few more games. I truly hope I won't have to.

I've taken my medicine and I feel much better now, thanks (lol).

Its all about the same old Jason Maas. He's been given an entire year and thats quite enough. The only change that I wanted didn't happen so patience isn't an option. CUT Maas already

We are only a half-game out of first, too. Go figure. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oski Wee Victory?

We have a couple of weeks now that we are playing weaker teams in Toronto and Montreal.If we dont turn this around now we are in trouble!

Maa didnt played that bad, he completed more than 70% of his passes and didnt throw any INTS. He more or less just managed the game, kept drives alive and made some decent reads. While he did overthrow Ralph in the endzone and entirely miss a wide open Holmes, he didnt play that bd. I dont see wht you people have against him. He looked so much better than lst year.

Maa didnt played that bad, he completed more than 70% of his passes and didnt throw any INTS. He more or less just managed the game, kept drives alive and made some decent reads. While he did overthrow Ralph in the endzone and entirely miss a wide open Holmes, he didnt play that bd. I dont see wht you people have against him. He looked so much better than lst year.

Barrenchea got run over again last night.

*Caveat emptor - I was unable to watch last eve's game so I am UNABLE to give my usual INSIGHTFUL Observations.

While watching The Sport Reporters this morning on TSN - ALL FOUR, unanimously AGREED that Jason Maas PLAYED HORRIBLY. Each of them INTIMATED, if not said DIRECTLY - his career is OVER.

Based on the LIMITED highlights I saw - I would tend to agree with their critique over some of the OPTIMISTIC Kool Aid drinkers here.

Secondly, how Toronto can be referred to as "one of the weaker teams" is BEYOND me. Despite a totally PEDESTRIAN Damon Allen, they were in a POSITION to beat a VERY GOOD B.C squad.

With Bishop STARTING the game next week it looks like Hamilton goes 0-2.

It looks like ANOTHER LONG year in Steeltown.

Peace.

How many of his actual passes were for more than five yards?

Much like 06... it's only week 18 they need time to gel....are we going to keep hearing this??

I've had it with "waiting for us to gel".

Heads have to roll. We've changed our GM, our Head Coach, our Assistant Coaches.... who have we not changed? Oh, yeah, right... the guy who could only win against Edmonton.

I agree. Except I dont think that they deserved ALL the bashing they got. Especially Maas.

You also have to remember that they have like 30 rookies, and all new coaching staff, and they didn't have any game tape to watch.

This team will get much better. To those railing against Maas, Taaffe and Desjardins are not idiots. Furthermore, they have nothing personally "invested" in Maas since it the previous regime who brought him in.

I've no doubt if Maas defecates the bed this week (or vs. the Als on the 14th) he will be the 2nd stringer if not released outright.

Actually Maas stinks and I am seriously reconsidering my assessment of Taffe because he obviously does have a vested interest in playing a dead arm QB vs 2 healthy ones. Maybe he has a plan but I haven't figured it out because Maas is predictably terrible and yet he still plays

Turbo , what would Maas have to do to stay on the team in your estimation ?? Does he have to go play defence as well ??

How about all the long drives that Calgary had ?? Dont you think we should be concerned with that ?? Why do you people always pick on the one position ? Do you not watch the whole game or do u go to the fridge for another beer and some more chips when the defence is on the field ??

Maas could do nothing to stay on the team IMO. He's played himself off of it a very long time ago.

As for the defense I said in another thread that the Dline has to put more pressure on the opposing QB or nothing else the team does really matters. They were brutal

If Maas' arm really is dead (for the record, I thing it is as well), Taaffe will shiitt-can him forthwith.

This is a rebuilding year; Taaffe likely wants to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt he's shot before inserting Timothy Kealii'okaaina Awa Chang.

We put in an extra O lineman on short yardage and he doesnt get set in time so we lose an easy first down and have to punt . This and a few more stupid stupid plays on offence makes things even tougher for Maas who doesnt yet even know who his GO TO reciever is . Give the guy a break will you ???

The problem with that is if the "GO TO GUY" hits the 6 yards from scrimmage marker.. Maas can't find the OTHER options!!!!

No we won't . He's had far too many chances already. There is no doubt to give him the benefit of any longer