It's only April :(

Oh man i just want some football it seems that with every bad season we have in a row the offseason seems twice aslong as the last. I just can't wait for the smell of sausages cooking in our beloved Ivor Wynne.
But other then football the one thing i can't wait for and I hope they do it again is the CF 18 hornet flyovers. But yea my wife was getting tired of hearing me whine about waiting for the season so i figured id bother you guys for a few :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to post what u can't wait for about this upcoming season

booing the argos

Proving the Bomber fans that they were wrong to toss Glenn, Gauthier, Goodspeed, etc.

HOLY %$#@ its only April. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just getting back to the stadium and watching some football and hopefully a few more wins.

I must agree that I cant wait till hear about mini camp and training camp. until then I guess I can go out to practice and beat up some D-linemen hehehe, so many d-linemen to beat and so little time too bad they arent as smart as d-linemen

Look at this way - we're less than a month away from the draft. That should keep everyone entertained for a week or do. Then it'll be less than a month until the start of training camp, and an extra two weeks or so for pre-season games.

It'll be opening day before you know it.

REALLY NOT ONE PERSON SAID OPENING NIGHT VS THE ARGOS ON CANADA DAY!!!!
STADIUM WILL BE THE LOUDEST IN CANADA, ZEKE ISNT GOING TO GET A FRIENDLY WELCOME IN MY BOOKS.

:roll: Get over it.

Iā€™m enjoying watching my 10yr old nephew playing pre-bantam right now. 3-down of course! Looking forward to the Victoria Rebels having another good season too.

wait...d-lineman arent as smart as d-lineman???

I can't wait to celebrate a WIN! (any win)

Mychael. You haven't been . . . by any chance . . . a d-lineman at any time, have you? :slight_smile:

Why? He didn't ASK to be traded (to the Bombers OR the Argos).

Good point.

Are you sure? He seemed all too ready to get on a plane to Winterpeg...

W/e, let the Cats and Argos fight it out on the field. Fans may hate Zeke now, and they may not. One thing is for sure though. The stadiums going to be on deafening from the roar of the crowd. Nothing like an Argo-Cat game at Ivor Wynne. GO CATS GO :smiley:

Are you sure? He seemed all too ready to get on a plane to Winterpeg...
[/quote]
That's right. Couldn't wait to test the greener grass on The Other Side. Was holed up in his hotel room devouring the Bomber playbook faster than you could say "Who was that masked man?". Funny, that.

All the newspaper reports I read at the time and since the trade
said Zeke was disappointed about being traded from the Ticats.

The trade also uprooted him from his family
who lived in Hamilton while he played for us.

Regarding Zeke being in Winnipeg in time for him to
be at that team's first practice for the next game,

Obie explained at the time. it has always been an accepted practice
to get a player traded in mid-season to his new team promptly,

[ especially if that player is a replacement for an injured starter, imo ]

I'm sure that expediency was the underlying cause for his coming to Winnipeg faster than a speeding bullet. I was just being sarcastic. :slight_smile: