IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

They didn’t need enhanced video, and I’m not sure I would call that enhanced it was blown up but still very blurry. My point is that it always the fans and the announcer that see the obvious!

I rarely ever chime in on the threads that bash the refs but in this case the Ref got it wrong. That video doesn't need enhancing. Of all the challenges this year that had to be the most obvious.

They said that the Ref's didn't have the enhanced angle available to them. Chris Cuthbert's comment was great, "We're not just trying to embarrass the officials with this shot." No, we're trying to embarrass and humiliate them! Hahaha!

I just tuned in to catch the ref walking onto the field to make his announcement. It sounded like Glen Suitor thought it was obvious from the angles that were available (pre-enhancements) that Milt hadn't caught the ball. Oh well.

I agree though. The real announcement here is that the Riders (finally) get home-field advantage. It's gonna be strange watching them play the first round somewhere other than McMahon or Commonwealth!

Here is the video

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/ro1313/th_nocatch.jpg

BTW
You can hear him say they dont have that view

I’m impressed - a post from a BC or Stamps fan that I not only agree with but support. Now I know this may sound harsh but atleast it looks like the score spread is wide enough that this one play won’t be the difference maker. That said a universal theme has been the horrid officiating throughout the entire league. Not sure if the problem is due to the semi pro status ( CFL Refs do not make enough to live year round on the one wage so have other jobs). Maybe if they upped the salaries they could recruit and retain a better class of professionals.

Odd as it may seem Tillman and Wally as well as other teams officials in their own way have all been saying the same thing - the CFL has a problem and everyone knows it but no one seems to admit it.

People keep saying "they don't have that view" how the hell does Suitor know what view the ref has underneath the tarp.

No we admit it.
We all do but the fact remains that the refs did not have acces to the enhanced video.
However the reg video clearly shows it was not a catch

It's all over but the crying...

Nuff said, just another shit call. Time to lock this one (-:

A) I would think he would know
B) it was shown a few minutes after the ref made his decision…It takes time to enhance it.
C) how do you know they did?

A) Why would he know? are the refs in contact with Suitor?

B) No, it was shown over and over while the ref was still under the tarp

C) And on the off chance they did not have that view don’t ya think maybe its time they started watching what everyone is seeing!!!

The Enhanced video was shown after the ruling..... I can post it here to prove it.
Listen to Suiter. he said "they didnt" not wont or dont. Past tence
Dont get me wrong, I agree it was a bad call but they didnt see the enhanced video

I would imagine that the broadcasters have been told (at some point) what angles the officials have at their disposal. I'm sure they know.

The ref's probably can't get "enhanced" video, just the raw feed. Why? I don't know. Ask the CFL HO. But don't be surprised if you get a fine instead of an answer. HAHAHAHAHA!

IMO
They dont see it because it takes to long to process

Now there’s a scary thought. If they fined all CFL fan forum posters for making disparaging comments about CFL officiating, we’d all be broke.

On the other hand, the CFL would be awash in money.

They'd also have an empty fan forum....

Borderline worst call of the year.

And that is saying A LOT!

So what if the refs didn’t have access to the enhanced angle? The Ref who signaled for the Touchdown had a great view. The Stamp who was opposite to that refs view was more certain than anything. Everybody could see it.

The only real question is . . . Why did the ref go against all common sense and rule the blatantly dropped ball a touchdown?

There is no logical answer aside from being absolutely blind OR not even watching the reply (regardless of the Angle) during the challenge OR making the wrong call on purpose.

The video clearly shows that he dropped the ball. You dont need it enhanced to see that it was no catch. I am beginning to think that they dont need video replay in the CFL, because so few calls get overturned, it only shows how bad the officiating has been in the league last year and this year.

From what I hear we've got to hang this one on the league. Apparently the video feed the refs get under the hood resembles that of the "dormitory cable" picture. You know, back in college when the guy at the end of the hall got cabled and everyone on the floor spliced it from him. The league must spend some dough and get this thing right. I thought the review tonight would take 30 seconds. It was a slam dunk. But NO!

Figured that’d be common sense…