Its Official

Atta Boy Damon!!!! Congrats on this HUGE accomplishment. He better make the PRO FOOTBALL hall of fame. Again waytogo Damon!

canadian media needs to stop hyping positive athletes like damon allen.

Just when you thought you would get a pro-CFL thread from Yankee, he comes around, does a total 180 and starts crapping on the league again. Should we have expected any less? :roll:

You simply can't keep Damon Allen's passing yards record out of the Pro Football Hall of Fame because he plays in the CFL. If that were the case, Warren Moon's passing yards during 5 seasons in the CFL would have to be erased from his total.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You won't get me arguing this point! You are very correct! But the NFL would not like a player not good enough for their league to have this sort of record standing in what they consider (only NFL) their hall of fame! To bad because records regardless where they are attained should be in the Pro Hall of Fame if it was to be a credible institution! I guess this hall of fame is just a side show for NFLers! Change the anem if that is what they want!

Gotta salute to one of the CFL legends of this Canadian game

I don't think Allen is gonna retrie yet, I still think he has three seasons in him to go for the running record! then he will be the best QB ever, peroid!!!

now the question becomes, is DA gonna pull a Gordie Howe?

I bet he wishes he had sons 20 yrs ago :slight_smile:

DAMON ALLEN IS A LEGEND!!! WHY WOULDN’T THEY FEATURE HIM???

not even close. He will just have the best career numbers is all.

IMO, best numbers = Greatest QB of all time. I mean, how many guys do you know that play QB at the pro level for 25 years?

i meant they should start hyping him, and stop hyping negative guys like todd bertuzzi, btt they need more positive cfl stories.

best average numbers per gameseason could = Greatest. In Allens case, his averages dont make top 5, many not even top 10. It is remarkable how long he has been able to play well, but he has never for any yr been great. His numbers had he played only what Flutie, moon, Dunigan, Lancaster, Jackson and many other played, would be lower than most of them in almost every catagory.

Allen is a remarkable athelete, but greatest QB, no way, not even simply great.

Though I would have to agree, Damon, in the strictest sense, is not a great QB ... I would suggest he was a GREAT CFL QB. He was GREAT for the league for a good many years.

You could ALWAYS count on a Damon Allen lead offense to move the ball. If he had to run, he did, often times sacraficing his body. Damon was never shy to take a hit.

I have nothing but RESPECT for this man. As a CFL fan of a certain age, Damon has been a VERY LARGE part of MY CFL experience.It has been an HONOUR to watch him perform all these years. He is an AMBASSADOR to the game and I will truly miss him when he goes.

Peace.

P.S - Let's not forget - Another Grey Cup is not out of the question for him ... further SOLIDIFYING his place in the football annals !

Congrats to Damon and his familly for supporting him. Not only is he a great QB but a great person as well.

Back when he was playing for BC, I'll always remember the time following a game he was swarmed by dozens of kids, seeking his autograph. Damon not only took the time to sign his autograph, but he chit chatted with most of them, and even played catch with a young kid around 7 years old who brought a football to sign.

...Definitely one of the best QBS. to ever play in this league....i remember when he first started out ....skinny kid....didn't look like much....but had a very good arm and was smart....He certainly proved with dedication and being an affable character...that you can go a long way......and he surely has....Keep er' goin' Damon... :thup:

The man just has to go into the Hall of Fame in Canton. 70,000+ freaking yards? Are you kidding me?? I don't care if the CFL has three downs and a wider field!! 70,000 yards passing simply boggles my mind.

its the pro football hall of fame, and the nfl/afl are the only recognized leagues, even guys in the hall of fame that played in the usfl, dont have their usfl stats recognized, so why would the induct damon allen. Also the selection committee covers nfl games, and have never watched allen, so i doubt they will pay much attention to him.

then they better start reconising the CFL, or change the pro HOF to the NFL HOF.

So do you drink before posting sometimes, or are you actually several people… or is it just that you have multiple personality disorder?