It's official! Touchdown Atlantic 2 in Halifax.

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=7222]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... y&nid=7222[/url]

It's official! Touchdown Atlantic 2 is in Halifax again! If I can get there early I might be able to get tickets this time!

Oh yeah, just wondering , is anyone else gonna be there?

Damn, I thought it might be "Touchdown Inuvik", but I guess people in Halifax need something to do as well. :lol:
Good for the CFL trying to expand its fan base. The greatest league in the world deserves the best, and I hope it succeeds,
Now, how long till they release the schedule. I have to make my drinking plans :mrgreen: !

Halifax is the only place in the Atlantic that can do it, so it's get it's going there again.

Ottawa will play it's only home game their, so that should get money that they would otherwise lose if they did the game in Ottawa IMO.

New logo is get, but foe god sake, OTTAWA CHAGE YOUR COLORS TO RED AND GOLD!!!

Red and gold? are you for real?

The big black R is the way to go, along with Black n white uniform..

If they can incorporate the “R” into the current scheme, i’m all for it, but i like the current logo. Have the “R” as a 3rd uniform.

YES, I LOVED THOSE UNIIFROMS THEY USED IN 1994!!!

and w/o a doubt, R helmet on a Black and Red unifrom as the teams thrids. save Black and White for the refs.

Here we go with this touchdown Atlantic Crap. Does anyone actually like this? I hate it it takes away a rival game from the people that care about it. Let's get a poor gate and do it again next season. Will the CFL stop procrastianting and just place a team there, or we going to have this every season. Have touchdown Mexico where its gauranteed about 80,000 people for gambling alone.

I dont mind it in Halifax. We were planning to spend some summer time in Prince Edward Island. I think i can convince honey that we can make a small detour to see an Als games... :smiley: Halifax be ready for some uglyness !!!

Peter6625 wrote:

Here we go with this touchdown Atlantic Crap. Does anyone actually like this? I hate it it takes away a rival game from the people that care about it. Let's get a poor gate and do it again next season. Will the CFL stop procrastianting and just place a team there, or we going to have this every season. Have touchdown Mexico where its gauranteed about 80,000 people for gambling alone.
Peter, you don't just place a team there without the proper funding available for a stadium and for a team. This is Canada, the people with money here don't throw it around as much as happens in the States with sports. Heck, even with hockey cities like Winnipeg and Quebec couldn't keep their NHL teams. I admit, I like the States where the people with money are more sports oriented in a number of sports but they also have a greater chance of making some money there with the large population and TV contracts available. In Canada, this luxury isn't here as much so it does make people more prudent. Hopefully though Halifax will get the Commonwealth Games for 2014 and some gov't money for a stadium which will be nice. Just have to take it one step at a time here, that's all. In the meantime, having another ex game in Halifax will be great, keep the fires burning there.

But one thing I will say is that if the CFL ever does have a game in Mexico, the people there will like our game better I think with the rules here and more emphasis on kicking which they might relate to with soccer.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/475322.html

Fred MacGillivray expects word any day if Halifax has landed a CFL pre-season game for a second straight season.

MacGillivray, the president and CEO of Trade Centre Ltd., said Halifax has made its pitch to CFL commissioner Tom Wright on a game for Huskies Stadium this June.

Quebec City and Moncton have also told Wright they want a shot at a CFL exhibition game. Wright said in his year-end address to the media at the Grey Cup in Vancouver that he is interested in another pre-season game in the east.

"We’ve made our presentation and we’re awaiting the CFL to make their decision," MacGillivray said Wednesday. "The phone could ring today or tomorrow."

Halifax may get a boost in its effort to land a CFL game after becoming Canada’s bid representative for the 2014 Commonwealth Games. That means Halifax is closer to a possible stadium deal, which would be crucial to winning a CFL franchise, than either of the other potential host cities.

A game between the Toronto Argonauts and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats drew 11,000 fans in Halifax last June. The game was seen as a successful show of support in metro for the CFL brand.

"They came back and talked to us after the success of last year, but we also know they talked to the other cities as well," said MacGillivray. "Hopefully, they might be favouring Halifax again."

Last year’s game broke even at the gate, no small feat for a market without a pro stadium. Nearly 80 per cent of the seating had to be trucked in from the U.S. and extra lighting had to be rented.

Saint Mary’s athletic director David Murphy said he would welcome a return visit from the league.

"We’d do it in a second," said Murphy. "It was great for the campus. It was a very positive thing."

Wright said at the time of the game he hoped to expand the league to 10 franchises by the 2008 season and that Halifax’s first exhibition game was a trial run for the market. By the end of the year, Wright said expansion might not come before the end of the decade.

Halifax fought off a tough challenge from Moncton for last year’s game and eventually won because it had better facilities already in place at Saint Mary’s. Moncton has increased its efforts to land a game this year but is still limited by a lack of infrastructure.

Quebec City would host at Laval’s PEPS Stadium, where the Rouge et Or frequently attract crowds in the range of 15,000.

All three markets are seen as potential markets for an expansion franchise.

Anyone know when the tickets go on sale or has it not yet been announced?

i wanna know what capacity is gonna be for this game...better be atleast 15 000

Yeah, that'd make it a little easier to get tickets too.

You need to increase if possible baring in mind how there is limited room for portable seats, to hopefully 15,000-20,000. If they sold this possible limit out then without question, give them an expansion team now. Not 10 or 2014.

anyone have an idea where and when tickets will be availible? I've searched online but i figured i wouldn't find anythign just yet since it was just announced. I've watched CFL on tv as much as i can and i will make the 3 1/2 hour drive to Halifax for this game!

I’m looking for the same thing jeff. If I find anything out I’ll let you know.

thanks, will do the same

3.5 hours....where r u from?!?!

Yarmouth NS