It's official. Jeff Tedford...

Jeff Tedford is the new Lions Head Coach for 2015. See my other post to read about his background.

Tedford seems like a pretty strong hire for Wally Buono and the Lions. Let's hope the new (and well-paid by CFL standards) HC can turn around the Lions' half-baked offense and get another terrific year defensively in 2015.

BC's offense needs to sustain more drives, score more points and make the other team's defense overwork for a change. There's a huge question mark at both starting and backup QB to resolve before next summer starts. I don't think the fan base will tolerate losing Travis Lulay again in the first 2015 league game. If Lulay is to survive another season he needs to become more of a complete QB, with less running, better pre-snap reads and getting the ball away to the right guy on time..

And definitely the offense need either upgrades or dramatically improved and more consistent play from our interior offensive and defensive linemen. Releasing Khalif Mitchell was a good start.

Jettisoning Dante Marsh and Jamall Johnson creates room for new blood or existing imports to step up. The drop off in his play and stats in the second half of the season earned first year p/k Ricky Schmidt the apple and a road map treatment. That last move is largely due to the team being high on another import p/k named Richie Leone.

I'm sure there's be others as Tedford, Skulsky and Buono collectively try to pull an offensive rabbit out of a hat. The bottom line is that BC needs to create and nurture a winning culture again and get this team back on track.

Dooger in Surrey :cowboy:

"The drop off in his play and stats in the second half of the season earned first year p/k Ricky Schmidt the apple and a road map treatment. That last move is largely due to the team being high on another import p/k named Richie Leone. "

Thanks Dooger. Is Schmidtt still with the Lions?

Beag, as far as I know the Lions didn't pick up the option on Ricky Schmitt. Same thing for Kevin Glenn, Dante Marsh, Khalif Mitchell and Jamall Johnson. In short, five apples; five road maps. Tough Christmas presents. More cleansing to come no doubt, to make room for some guys who can get it done next year under their new head coach.

Happy new year everybody!

Dooger in Surrey :cowboy:

Thanks Dooger. I’m disappointed they didn’t pick up Schmitt. I thought he had a lot of potential. Next year is going to be interesting to say the least with all the new names we’ll be seeing and with some of the regulars returning. I hope that O-line will be much improved and I do hope Travis Lulay will be able to complete an entire season. I seriously have my doubts about the latter.

Wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year. :thup: