It's official: Danny's got a job title

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=24291

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that Danny McManus has joined the organization as a coaching consultant.

In his new role, McManus will assist offensive coordinator Marcel Bellefeuille as well as work with the Ticats quarterbacks. McManus previously served as a guest coach during training camp.

Great move. :thup: And as I said in another thread (off-topic though it may have been :stuck_out_tongue:) his experience and personality will be tremendous assets.

Great move for the team. So if I understand his position it is "Coaching Consultant", so I guess he is a "Coach Coach"?

Glad to see you back Danny Mac!

offensive co-ordinator assistant/qb coach. Awesome!!

This is a great move. Some day Danny will be an amazing offensive co-ordinator and I hope it's for us.

Reality:

Wealth of experience, good guy with calm, even-keeled personality who will help lighten the work load of MB.

Bizzaro-world:

Somebody new on the sidelines to blame with an added conspiratorial twist.

Now, [b]that[/b] is a great post!

Thanks, cap, just saying what some of us were thinking.

Right on Danny Mac,

That is a smart move by the Cats organization. Hiring a guy with experience and a winning attitude!!

If the coaching thing works out well for Danny Mac it would be great to see him as the Cats head coach one day.

Great Move by the Team Welcome Back D Mac

if it's official, then make it more official, get his name and title on the site's football ops list.
let's go!

city legend

Nice to have DMac on board officially, he is someone when you say CFL and great qb's that come to mind immediately.

I have to agree with the experience and personality traits. I always looked at Danny MacManus as a selfless team player, someone whom you would always choose in a pick up game to be on your team not only for his ability but for his professionalism and winning attitude.
Bizarro world or not if Danny was really to blame for anything and it was his mistake he would be the first guy to point his finger at himself and humbly accept the blame.
Class act all the way!
Good move on the Ticat’s part, great move on Danny’s part to accept.

Good luck Danny! I hope, sooner or later, he becomes a big part of this team.

Danny will definitely be a big help to
all 4 quarterbacks at practices right now,

and if our back-up QBs are thrown into battle
Danny would be a wonderful steadying influence.

Marcel B. worked from the booth upstairs last game.

I'd like to see him relay plays in through Danny
and let him chose a different play occasionally.

If that's what 'Coaching Consultant'
means, then, I am certainly all for it.

Danny often called plays as a player
when Ron Lancaster was his Head Coach.

With his experience, Danny could have
an immediate impact on our Offence.

DANNY MAC, ALL THE BEST IN YOUR NEW ROLE WITH THE TI-CATS. YOU WERE ONE THE CFL'S GREATEST QUARTERBACKS AND A GREAT AMBASSADOR FOR THE CFL AS WELL. TRULY A CLASS ACT ON AND OFF THE FIELD! GOOD LUCK COACH MAC!

I would hope the consulting part gives him the authority to talk to Marcel about adjustments and things that he's seeing. I really hope he gets a headset.

Toronto has pinball clemens

Hamilton has Danny Mac

Do I need to say more?

Great move :thup:

DMac for OC!

Well put, Joe!

Oski Wee Wee,