It's Official!!! Braley has Run the Lions into the Ground!!!

Hmm… not too sure why you quoted my response, then went off about people making excuses. Nowhere in my post did i make any excuses. I simply pointed out that comparing the total season attendance between the 3 teams is invalid as the Whitecaps play 1 game short of double what the Lions play, and the Giants play 4 times the number of games.

It’s official… you’re off your rocker. You do realize that a sellout for the Whitecaps is only 21,000 right? Who cares if they sell out and there are lots of tickets for the Lions left? If the Lions only offered up 21,000 tickets like the Whitecaps… every game would be sold out.

Its our large Asian community, they really don’t follow the sport not a knock about them and i’m not some kinda redneck, but everywhere I go in Vancouver you see a large Asian presence go to a Lions game and not so much. I think the Lions need to advertise to the Asian community, I’ve never seen 1 ad on any Chinese channel.

Its our large Asian community, they really don't follow the sport not a knock about them and i'm not some kinda redneck, but everywhere I go in Vancouver you see a large Asian presence go to a Lions game and not so much. I think the Lions need to advertise to the Asian community, I've never seen 1 ad on any Chinese channel.

You hit it on the head, get them out in the Chinese community, like they do in the schools, did you guys know that the bc lions go to more schools a year than the Vancouver canucks and the Seattle Seahawks do ? but then again these guys are not milliners were they need a security guard every were they walk.

I see people of all ethnic backrounds at Lions games. The thing about it is with football it can be a confusing and frustrating sport to watch if you don't know anything about it. With soccer or hockey you can just start watching it and follow along fairly easily. In football you really need to be taught how the game works and if you don't have that it's really frustrating to watch. People simply don't know what the difference is between a 1st down and a field goal. What the team fails at in general is they're very passive with advertising. I moved to Vancouver 3 years ago, if I wasn't already interested in football coming here I'd probably never go to a game because they do little in creating excitement to bring fans in. It's kind of insane how many people you'll talk to in Van that have no idea what the CFL is or who the Lions are.

It's kind of insane how many people you'll talk to in Van that have no idea what the CFL is or who the Lions are.

You are out to lunch on that comment, everybody i know in vancouver , and that is a lot know who the lions are and what the cfl is, sure they maybe be people that move here from a diffrent country and all they heard was hockey, that i understand , i remember seeing a lions party of some sort downtown last week, and there must have been 3,500 people there .

The lions go to every buisness downtown promoting there team and over 200 schools agross the city and the province.

You guys are nuts. I'm a big Lions and CFL fan, but I know I wouldn't pay to watch the Argonauts. I don't care if they won the Grey Cup-they're in the east division and they aren't all that exciting.

The Lions were 3rd in attendance last year. Yeah their prices are ridiculous, but I'm hoping they figre that out sooner rather than later.

yeah well if you look at the block of tickets that are still avlable for the edmonton game on sat night, there is a problem, edmonton coming to town with mike Rielly , lions playing very well i think there is apethy with the lions , and the whitecaps are the hotest ticket in town.

Have you seen the local T.v Ratings for the Whitecaps, please

Picked up my tickets today from the Lions office. Very nice staff the have at the front desk :wink:

Have you seen the local T.v Ratings for the Whitecaps, please

Yes i have seen the the ratings and they are right up there with cfl ratings .

Link please

here it is

Almost 2.5 million Canadians tuned in to catch some or all of the live MLS action on TSN and RDS.

That’s not a link

if correct, how many combined MLS games amount to this figure?

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! Has it really come to this,three weeks into the CFL season,CFL official site,fan board..........and the discussion is about @$%&#@ soccer :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: Im sure that if you want to discuss such a riveting(YAWN!!) sport as soccer,there must be a million fan forum sites out there,please oh please!!!Lets get back to discussing FOOTBALL,last time I looked this was a CFL FOOTBALL FORUM.The only thing soccer is good for is if you have insomnia :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Outside of baseball and tiddlywinks the most boorinest sport in the world.Final Score....Home team-nil,Visitors-nil. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...wake when the CFL game starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :rockin:

if correct, how many combined MLS games amount to this figure?

I belive it was three MLS games total = toronto, vancouver, and montreal.

infact since the vancouver whitecaps winning streak Ratings have gone up for whitecaps games 30%, here in vancouver anyway.

enough said i know this is a football cfl site.

thanks for letting me speak.

GO LIONS GO

MLS and or NBA is a niche sport only, with TV viewing akin to family and friends.

Back to the posting on hand, I would not bash Mr. Braley under any circumstance.
The man has saved the league and many teams on numerous occasions.

If not for him and Bob Young, the CFL may be in a museum some where ! It’s to bad more fans don’t show their appreciation by coming out support those 3 teams.