It's Great Being McManus.

After watching that game in Montreal, I have to steal a line from the movie “South Park”. “Hey, you know what sucks about being Danny McManus…Nothing!”

Your team can score 21 points in a game and as the QB you contribute nothing, but no one will say anything negative about you. They’ll blame the whole team dispite 14 points from special teams and 7 on defence.

You can throw 2 interceptions and the announcers will blame the recievers. ("here we see Danny underthrow the ball RIGHT AT Strickland…but as Suitor says…“I kind of have to give some blame to Morreale” Are you friggin’ kidding me??)

And in an article on the league web page, the first paragraph in the article is about your personal record that ment sweet F.A. to your team or the outcome of the game. That is clearly a better angle than Calvillo and Cahoon’s record breaking nights on Montreal’s 9th consecutive home open winner. (no story there)

Man, life is really sweet when you’re Danny Mac!

C’mon dude, I’m an Als fan, and even I don’t feel that way about Danny Mac. That first pick was Flick’s fault for not being where he was supposed to be. And I put the blame for the offensive woes on Jamie Baressi’s shoulders, not Danny Mac’s. Conservative playcalling, not using your deep threats as deep threats (Brazzell, Yeast), too much emphasis on the run on a night when the Als weren’t giving up ANY significant yardage on the ground, and not using Radlein properly. THAT’S why your offense sputtered. And incidentally, you played one of the toughest defenses in the league, on opening night, in their own stadium, where they rarely lose, even to elite teams (which Hamilton isn’t). You can’t put all of that on McManus.

I actually can put anything on McManus (kinda one of the perks of being a fan)…if I was in fact putting any of the actual loss of on McManus.

I feel my post clearly implies that I felt no matter what negative events happen to the Ti-Cats in a game, people will find a why to deflect any of the blame off Danny. But if you want to quote me where I solely put the blame on Danny I will give you the apology you deserve.

I think you are a guy who know a lot about football (please take that as the compliment it was meant to be) and like to show that knowledge to people. I believe you used my post as an excuss to give your analysis of the Ti-Cats poor offensive showing. You made several great points, all deflecting any blame from McManus, essentially making my point. I never said our offense was perfect and Danny ruined it.

My opinion is as valid as any others, and I do not apologize for them nor will I retract them. My only mistake was not clearly stating “Why won’t anyone hold McManus accountable”.

[quote=“Yeast#5”]I actually can put anything on McManus (kinda one of the perks of being a fan)…if I was in fact putting any of the actual loss of on McManus.

I feel my post clearly implies that I felt no matter what negative events happen to the Ti-Cats in a game, people will find a why to deflect any of the blame off Danny. But if you want to quote me where I solely put the blame on Danny I will give you the apology you deserve.

I think you are a guy who know a lot about football (please take that as the compliment it was meant to be) and like to show that knowledge to people. I believe you used my post as an excuss to give your analysis of the Ti-Cats poor offensive showing. You made several great points, all deflecting any blame from McManus, essentially making my point. I never said our offense was perfect and Danny ruined it.

My opinion is as valid as any others, and I do not apologize for them nor will I retract them. My only mistake was not clearly stating “Why won’t anyone hold McManus accountable”.[/quote

He really is the Teflon man. Maybe you need to get rid of the Relic that keeps him there. Lancaster should go!

Then if nobody wants to blame Mcmanus i’ll make it easy for you. A lot of that loss was Mcmanus’s fault. Obviously you can never say it was all one players fault because thats not posssible. But if I was to point a finger it would be in Danny’s corner. If Danny Mac plays like that against the riders on Saturday, then your gonna get hammered. It won’t be a pretty home opener.

And I agree with redwhite2005, Lancaster needs to go who in there right mind would up the salary of Mcmanus. I know there best friends but my god man its team first. Why isn’t hamilton or ottawa trying to go after Jones. Or are they and if they are I would really like to know.
Mcmanus is far to old and out of shape to rely on. He is not Damon Allen. Allen is far more reliable than Mcmanus, and far better. When your throwing just as many int as td’s year in year out there’s a problem.

…holychrissakes…ChrisW actually made two posts where the subject was QBs and DIDN"T say how much he hates Burris…phone the vatican I think we have a bonafide miracle on our hands…

I don’t know if you are being serious or not ChrisW, but thanks.

I’ve had all week to calm down, and McManus is still our QB so I have to support him. But Marshall better have an itchy trigger finger.

There was a lot from the Tabbies I liked from that first game, and I think we will pull even after the Riders game. I will probably never like McManus, but I will support him…until his first int.

No. McManus is finished. He proved this the last 3 games that meant anything, (inluding last year playoff debacle), he and his offense did zip. Now you can’t say this on Young’s board without getting your wrists slapped by the moderators there. I have no reason whatsoever to believe that the next game will be any better for him. His best days are behind him and he should have retired 2 or 3 years ago. We have been so dependant on McManus that we have failed to groom an adequate back-up qb. Brady can take a walk, and this new guy Ryan Hawk, is another tree stump that can’t run. If we get rid of Lancaster, we’ll start moving up into the 21st century in terms of an offensive scheme. Lancaster and McManus have been ripping off the fans long enough.

Agreed