It was Those 4th Quarter Stops...

I haven't cheered like in more years than I can remember. Oh, I've cheered for TD's and great offensive plays but for the 4th quarter last night it was sustained NOISE for the defense. Tisdale and others didn't even need to try to get the crowd going - though they did the arm gestures and all. But what I heard was a crowd actually INTO the game and not just reacting to individual plays. Those multiple 4th quarter stops on Winnipeg and the smashing of Reid in their backfield were... dare I say it... beautiful.

Amazing what happens when the team is playing well and people have....well...hope.

I loved the D's performance!

When was the last time our D only gave up 124 yards passing? Maybe 2 decades ago? In the last couple years we would give up that many a few minutes into the game.

Outstanding to see!

The defence was pretty superb, no question about it. The line, the linebackers, and the secondary, all played very well.............

It was, I think, Lawrence Gordon's best game in ages...................and with Floyd, Johnson, and Knowlton, the LB corps is among the best in the league.

But major kudos have to go to Greg Marshall...........the defensive schemes when compared to Creehan's are like night and day; I mean, the man actually makes adjustments! Reid was a one-man wrecking crew in the first half, but in the second half, the Cats shut him down.

After the Ticats first touchdown, the D really stepped up. I am not saying they did not play well but up to that point but the Bombers were moving the ball fairly well, especially on the ground. But then, something happened and we totally dominated. Really, we could have blown out the game if we eliminate some of the mistakes. (missed field goals, turnover in the red zone, INT (1 for touchdown) etc.) We can't make those mistakes next week.

All I could think was that out D was playing like they did in the '80’s. It was unbelievable. They gave up a few big gains, but when they needed to stand they did. Great job.

Was it me from my comfy swivel chair watching on TSN or did I notice that there wasn't nuch of that canned DEFENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCE crap blaring over the P.A. last night? I gather the crowd was able to make its own crowd noise for most of the night? IWS is a HUGE home advantage when folks are allowed to get into it and roar the men along!

Oski Wee Wee,

You are correct oh swivel breath.

It’s been a looooong time coming. What fun!

:D :D :D

Hey, I gargled with Chateau Listerine '68 today! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oski Wee Wee,

Did the defense look good or did Winnipeg look that bad?

The defense played well but the Winnipeg offense looked terrible. The only time they had big plays was when they ran to the wide side of the field. Any play run to the short side was stuffed.

8) Was the glass half full or was the glass half empty !!!
   Love how some people can be so positive     <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->   even after a big win  !!!!

I am being realistic. The defense looked good but you have to remember who we played. As stated above, we need to wait and see how we look on Thursday. To win the East, you have to go through Montreal.

Or did their offense look terrible because our defense looked so good?? Remember who we played?? Isn’t that the same WPG who was right in there with EDM and who beat the defending GC champions by double digits? Can we give our defense their MUCH-DESERVED credit please??

See what happens in the CFL when your d line / linebackers get a little preasure on the qb thats the way the d should play.

This sums it up... 6 points allowed by the tremendous defense!

That was the best I've seen our defence play possibly ever.

Great job to the entire unit. Shows what can happen in just a couple weeks.