It was more the Riders Winning than the Ti-Cats not showing.

One game, and you are being this obnoxious already? Maybe we need to fire up that fan trade talk again… :expressionless:

If you find any team willing to take him, let me know. Still trying to unload Paolo. :smiley:

Agreed. Hamilton’s front 4 were ghosts. The defense on the whole was quite poor. Saskatchewan does have a strong offense, but I’d like to see it tested against a stout defense like BC or this week … Edmonton.

Hamilton did not play well in the 2nd half at all. They’re a lot better than that, but that front 4 shocked me. That ought to be a huge concern in steeltown. Cortez cut Baggs and didn’t dress Peach (is he hurt??) and played THOSE GUYS instead? Hmmm …

Peach is hurt. He has an upper-body injury that has been a problem since about the second week of training camp. It’s looking more and more like the decision to cut Baggs after bringing in Peach was a bad one, especially since they never even asked Baggs to take a pay cut before letting him go.

please.... I know it's only 1 game. i'm not out here declaring the Riders 2012 Grey Cup Champs now.

I know things weren't perfect but they looked very good and they appeared to be running smoothly.

but the thing is, they can take this win and use it as motivation to improve on their next game vs Edmonton.

and go 2-0.

The Cats will bounce back but it's going to take a lot of hard work for that to happen.

Where is Baggs at the moment?
If the DL does not produce results in the near future, whether by poor play or IR scratches, it may not hurt to entertain re-signing him.

He is waiting for a phone call.

While i dont 100 percent agree that the reason this game was so lopsided is because of hamiltons poor play.. i do agree that the riders came out and well... they sure embarassed them. 43-16 at home ,regardless of week 1 or week 18 is what you would call an epic fail on the ticats part. Riders looked good yes but Hamiltons D looke pretty awful. See what sask does againsnt BC or Winnipeg's D, then we will see. Because regardless of week 1 or week 18, losing 43-16 at home and being the only team to lose at home, regardless of meaningless stats, well, it's bad,Real bad. 43-16 at home. That is just all that needs to be said really. i'll say it once more, the only team to lose at home was the ticats and they got absolutely embarassed.

If Cortez has challenged that one Dressler catch, Cats would have won that challenge and the game very well could have ended up with a different winner. The Riders deserved the victory of course, they were the better team but one play here and there like the Cortez non-challenge and well, who knows what the outcome could have been.

The final score likely/would’ve been different; Roughriders, however owned Hamilton and that was clearly evident IMO.

like i said earlier…the cats bounced immediately back with the big run on the following possession. That put things back to where they were, and could have been a momentum turner…the ‘catch’ was unfortunate for the Cats, but considering they responded immediately it really had little bearing on the game in the long run.

Riders are better than people give them credit.

Ticats spent some $$$ this off season. Salary cap will keep them from going back to Hamilton unless it's a big salary hit for Baggs.

At any rate, I think if you really concentrate on Dressler and take that away from them, the Riders will struggle. It'll be interesting to see.

Agreed.

Funny that riders win one game and the fans think they are number one and are unstoppable, but I guess I can’t blame them living in exciting SK. I recall some rider co-workers bragging that the riders season turned around last year after they won 2 in a row when miller returned…and we all know how that really turned out in the end.

I personally am not going “seriously” judge any team until at least the bye week after what the Lions (or any other team) proved can be done from last year.

put words in Rider fans mouths all you want…very few few fans are claiming anything close to this…there is cautious optimism after what was a solid outing. look even at the power ranking thread…i don’t believe that anyone, even Rider fans, placed the Riders at # 1 after one game, even though one could argue they ‘may’ have had the best outing in week 1. “YOU” are electing to hear what “YOU” want so you can trash the Rider fans and feel justified.

Some have claimed BC is basically a given to finish first…no doubt at this point they are the team to beat…but the odd claim of an undefeated season coming (I got a chuckle out of that on Vancouver radio…all the power to them if they do…but the season had not even started), and a shoe in for 1st…funny how I have not seen Rider fans claiming to be number 1 after a game but you see it a little more from some other club’s fans. You are always going to get this…it is pride, belief and faith in the club, but you seem to have just bashed a group of fans for something that you see with only your own eyes.

The Riders sucked last year…pre-season I said they would get 6 wins (I was close). This year I think they are respectable, and believe they will contend for a playoff birth, and I do believe that BC will be the most likely contender for first overall.