It Isn't Easy Being Greene

Admittedly the only full game I have watch of Nealon Greenes is the Toronto game but I think he only did as well as he did because for some reason stublers D decided to play 30 yards off his WR for almost the whole game. And don't give the crap that they were protecting the long bomb. Nealon couldn't throw the long bomb accuratly & consistanly if his life depended on it. He sure used to be a great running back though but hasn't even done that this year. I wouldn't have chose him for player of the week. Probably would have picked Allen.

What part of playing well for 4 minutes deserves player of the week? Sure TO won, but that was hardly Damon's fault. he played like crap the whole game and pulled the winout of his ass by a few stupid penalties and some nice last minute throws. Nealon played great the whole game. No contest between these two. Not this week. He was the most proficient passer this week and he deserves the honour whether any non-Rider fans want to admit it or not.

Go Riders!!

Dave Dickenson has more rushing yards than Avery... Shouldn't that count??? :lol:

Pat Flemming also have more rushing yards than John Avery...

Who doesn't have more rushing yards than John Avery? (all in fun. . .I'm just a little ticked, as I had picked him in one of my pools. . . :smiley: )

I don't see why you would pick Allen as the offensive player of the week? what he had 2 drives near the end to win the game and thats it? Green controlled the game for 54 minutes until our Defense decided to stop trying. If you don't think Nealon's performance against the Argo's isnt good enough for player of the week, then you obviously are demanding perfection out of your QB.

i say Greene wont have another game like this, so just give it to him

Even as badly as the Lions played against the Gades, I couldn't believe Lions' players were runner ups for the offensive, lineman and special teams of the week awards.

Wait until Greene plays in Commonwealth.

He had a ton of crappy games there when he was an Eskimo!

The thing about Greene is he is so inconsistent. One game he'll tear the defense to ribbons, the next he'll throw all his passes into the dirt and the offense will get hammered.

That said, I'd still take him over Burris any day.

well Brad Johnson had 3 sacks for the lions, so he deserved to be a runner up

So far this year I'd say Greene has been nothing but consistent, he's played very well all three games this year. You could argue against his stats in Hamilton but that wasn't completely his fault, many dropped passes by the Riders Receivers. Nealon has been playing very well this season so far and I would probably say to this point the best QB in the CFL.

He's 10 times more consistent then Burris.

jeremy- Let's see, Ray's completed more passes, thrown for 400 yards more, thrown for more TDs and has a higher yards-per-completion average...but Greene has been the best so far? uh, okay there big guy. even I can complete 5 yard passes to wide open receivers all day long. i don't think he completed one over 10 yards (yac yards notwithstanding) against TO. he can't make an accurate pass over 15 yards to save his life...trust me, we figured this out quickly enough when he was in E-town. but by all means, keep playing Nealon, I don't mind at all. yes, i'd probably take him over burris- but i'd take ray over both, any day of the week.

Pardon the interuption, but, refresh my memory, who was offensive player of the week ?

I love when people say “yac yards”. It’s like saying “Yards after catch yards”.

Heh, even Matt Dunigan says it…on one broadcast he said “yac yards” like 3 times in 1 minute.

so what should be said, ac yards?

Their football players, not english professors. He picked apart the TO defense. apparently they are the best defense in the league. 31 for 39 passes, and Holmes had 139 yards on the ground.

ac yards or yac i guess...both work.

So? Greene's won it before.

Nobody has ever denied his talent, he's just not THAT good.

Maybe you should look back at his stellar record of first-place finishes and Grey Cup appearances as an Argo, Esk, and now a Rider.

I'd have great passing yards playing the CFL's two bottom dwellers, the first two games of the season. Lets see what he does with Montreal's blitzes, or Edmonton's defense.

I'd take Ray, Dickenson, Calvillo, Printers before Greane.