It appears to have been completed.

Posted on TSN.ca 20 minutes ago, MOJO Radio in Vancouver reports that a trade has been completed, that will send Danny McManus back to Edmonton, along with Tim Bakker, in exchange for Jason Maas.

Media again
Dont get me started

Yeah, I'll wait for a more Official report. like from CFL.ca

If this rumour is true, how do you guys feel about the side deal that has kept Maas in Edmonton until the end of the season instead of going to Hamilton when the trade occurred? I only ask this because it was Maas who won the West Semi and West Final for the Esks. Would the Esks be in teh GC if Maas went to Hamilton right away? Is it fair that Edmonton gets to stack their team before the playoffs just because Hamilton was out of the playoffs?

I agree
I also dont think the Eskies would anounce this trade before the game and Mass did play a major role in getting them there.

Oh welll maybe he will serve up a few interceprions......... for the east

Why would you trade away the man that got you to the Grey Cup?

Cause Mass will never start with Ray at the helm. People forget that Ray has taken us to the cup 3 times now! Mass 0.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?ID=144496&hubName=cfl]http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?ID ... ubName=cfl[/url]

The quarterback questions for the Eskimos may finally be answered after the 93rd Grey Cup, as MOJO Radio in Vancouver reports that Edmonton and Hamilton have completed a trade that would see Jason Maas head to the Tiger-Cats in exchange for quarterback Danny McManus and guard Tim Bakker.

Several sources told the Vancouver radio station that the transaction, which likely completes the deal that sent running back Troy Davis and offensive lineman Dan Comiskey to Edmonton, will be made official next week.

McManus, a 16-year veteran, has already said that he fully intends to play next year, be it with the Tiger-Cats or another CFL team.

He's one of just three players to pass for more than 50,000 yards in his career - Toronto's Damon Allen and Ron Lancaster, now in Hamilton's front office, are the others - and guided the Ticats to their last Grey Cup title in 1999.

The 40-year-old struggled in 2005, completing just 55.8 per cent of his passes for a Hamilton team that shared the CFL's worst record.

Maas, who spent most of the 2005 campaign as the backup to Ricky Ray, came off the bench last Sunday to throw the go-ahead touchdown in a 28-23 victory over B.C.

It was the second consecutive week Maas replaced Ray to keep the Eskimo's season alive. He started the second half in a come-from-behind win over Calgary in the West semifinal.

Uh
Didnt Mass start in 2002 in the first Eski-Als meeting?

And I say he brought them here this year with the 2 great off the bench performances

You need to change that score....Maas has now gotten you there once..and in fine fashion I might add.

It takes more then two quarters of play to get to the Grey cup. We'll never know if the Esks would have won if Ray stayed in.

True
But they are there because he didnt stay in

i agree, EE...who knows if ray woulda done the same thing in BC...the score was tied

[b]Report: Maas off to Ticats for McManus

Jason Maas[/b]

TSN.ca Staff with files

11/25/2005 6:48:07 PM

The quarterback questions for the Eskimos may finally be answered after the 93rd Grey Cup, as MOJO Radio in Vancouver reports that Edmonton and Hamilton have completed a trade that would see Jason Maas head to the Tiger-Cats in exchange for quarterback Danny McManus and guard Tim Bakker.

Several sources told the Vancouver radio station that the transaction, which likely completes the deal that sent running back Troy Davis and offensive lineman Dan Comiskey to Edmonton, will be made official next week.

McManus, a 16-year veteran, has already said that he fully intends to play next year, be it with the Tiger-Cats or another CFL team.

He's one of just three players to pass for more than 50,000 yards in his career - Toronto's Damon Allen and Ron Lancaster, now in Hamilton's front office, are the others - and guided the Ticats to their last Grey Cup title in 1999.

The 40-year-old struggled in 2005, completing just 55.8 per cent of his passes for a Hamilton team that shared the CFL's worst record.

Maas, who spent most of the 2005 campaign as the backup to Ricky Ray, came off the bench last Sunday to throw the go-ahead touchdown in a 28-23 victory over B.C.

It was the second consecutive week Maas replaced Ray to keep the Eskimo's season alive. He started the second half in a come-from-behind win over Calgary in the West semifinal.

Very true, but changes are made for a reason and I think it's safe....VERY safe to say they would NOT be there if he had stayed in.

Win or lose, Maas is out

Sportsnet story!

Win or lose the Grey Cup on Sunday, Kevin Maas is not going to Disneyland, he's going to Steeltown.

VANCOUVER (CP) -- It seems the Grey Cup on Sunday will be quarterback Jason Maas' final game with the Edmonton Eskimos.

A league source requesting anonymity said Friday night that Maas will indeed be dealt to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats following the CFL's title game for veteran quarterback Danny McManus and offensive lineman Tim Bakker, both former Eskimos.

MOJO Radio in Vancouver was also reporting the trade.

An Eskimos club official declined comment.

Maas's arrival in Hamilton won't come as a surprise. Speculation had Maas headed to Steeltown when the Ticats dealt running back Troy Davis and offensive lineman Dan Comiskey to Edmonton on Oct. 5 for receiver Brock Ralph, defensive back Tad Cody and a 2006 first-round draft pick.

Maas spent most of the regular season on the sidelines as the backup to Edmonton starter Ricky Ray. But Maas has come off the bench in both of the Eskimos playoff games to rally his team to victories and a berth in the Grey Cup against the Montreal Alouettes (CBC, 6 p.m. ET).

There's no doubt Maas, 30, would fill a need in Hamilton. The Ticats (5-13) had four different starters this year -- veterans McManus, Khari Jones, Marcus Brady along with rookie Kevin Eakin -- and offensively were ranked last in total yards (315 per game) and scoring (17.9 points).

McManus, 40, was Hamilton's passing leader with 2,544 yards but had 18 interceptions and just 11 touchdown passes. The Ticats picked up the option on McManus's contract late in the season and McManus, a 16-year veteran, made it clear after the club's final game he intended to play somewhere in 2006.

The former Florida State star, who received the Tom Pate award Thursday night for outstanding community service, is one of just three CFL players to pass for more than 50,000 yards in his career -- Damon Allen and Ron Lancaster are the others -- and guided the Ticats to their last Grey Cup title in 1999.

In 2004, Maas passed for over 5,270 yards with Edmonton and in a game completed a CFL-record 22 straight passes. But he was relegated to backup status when Ray returned to the Eskimos following a season with the NFL's New York Jets.

However, the six-foot-two, 210-pound Maas has been a consummate professional, never publicly complaining and always politely handling media questions regarding his status.

In McManus, the Eskimos get an experienced insurance policy and a player familiar with the city. McManus played for Edmonton in 1996 and '97 before following head coach Lancaster and receiver Darren Flutie to Hamilton.

The Eskimos had success under McManus. The club posted an 11-7 record in 1996 and lost the Grey Cup to Toronto at Hamilton's Ivor Wynne Stadium. The following season, the Eskimos were 12-6 before losing 31-30 to Saskatchewan in the West Division final.

Bakker spent three years with Edmonton (2000, 2001 and '02) before signing as a free agent with Hamilton.

This is supposed to be announced next week, So if it isn't, this trade is either being held off, or won't happen.

I would hope that, if the Esks win, they at least give Maas a chance to celebrate with the team before they make the trade official. I’d wait about two weeks after the game if they win, one week if they lose.

I guess this is the trade, even though I’m not completely happy with the terms. Though I’m looking forward to seeing Jason Maas in the black and gold, and hoping he’ll improve the team enough to make us a contender, the city of Hamilton will miss Danny McManus, the Tom Pate Award winner. Hopefully Maas will be able to do half of what Danny did for the community.

Well, Maas has kept a pretty good poker face. No wonder he denied the whole quarterback 'controversy.' Well, that's good news for the fans of the League, spread that talent pool, but man... it seemed to me a little underhanded way to deal. Doesn't sit right, ya know?

Although it seems to be considered legal. This is a highly dubious trade that obviously helped Edmonton win the West Championship, go to the Grey Cup and possibly win it all. Typical Hugh Campbell! Genius actually!

Not only did Edmonton add Allstars Troy Davis and Comisky for the last several game and the playoffs, but they got to keep Maas too, until the end of the season (and he just happened to win back to back playoff games for them).

This sets a precendent, what can we expect next year?

I think in the end it works out for both teams and I hope it makes Hamilton stronger, but I question whether the league should of allowed this and should allow this in the future. It seems like a clear unfair advantage to me.
How do Calgary fans feel or BC?