Ive said the same thing before...at the end of the day he is the President. I even started that poll on here a couple weeks back.
I questioned Hopson becoming prez, because even he says...football is not his fortay, buisiness is.
I still don't know about firing Marshall. We do not know the inner workings of that circle. Berry was a part of the deal for any coach signing on. While he may not like that he wanted to be a HC, and perhaps got his opportunity at the wrong moment.
As for Tanam, I don't really have a problem with most of what he has done. The O-line improved over off season, as did special teams...that was his doing. He did not do much with the d-line, and that sucks, but there was not a pile of opportunity to improve that out there, and Hawkins is still out. The receiving corps is hurting, but he is actively bringing people in, and lets face it, they got nailed by injurrues before the regular season even started...not much you can do about that. He brought in some RB talent, which was really nice to see. He found what I think will be a solid ST coordinator. What has Tanam actually failed at?
- Stevie Baggs - We didn't have cap room
- Marshall - too early to tell, too many other issues atm
- Berry - Well, okay, but that is the HC staff...they have to push for that...we don't know if anyone has
- Daley - See above
- Kavis getting fired - I think he played a part in that, and most of Rider nation was on board, I was upset then, I am upset now
- Mullinder - gotta make room for Hawkins, and Luc should be a DT, not an end
- Tad - I think he was beaking in the wrong way, and he didn't fit the D...good player or not, he didn't fit and someone else did...hey the D has played MUCH better since. This also was not him alone making this call
- Dorsey - I don't blame him for signing...heck, he was a star the previous year. Should have he and the coaches cut him 2 weeks earlier...yeah, okay, they dropped the ball there.
Really, my only BIG issue is that Berry is still there, and like I said, that is not Tanam's call alone, though yes, I believe he has pushed for Berry to stay. I do not view Tanam as the best GM around, but he is not doing horrid either. I wish we hstill had Tillman, but we don't. Hopson was between a rock and a hard place. Rider Nation was spilt 50/50ish on Tillman, so he was pissing off people either way, but, Tillman was the major proponent of no-antics, no-controversy...died by his own sword so to speak. I personally would have offended the other half of Rider nation, and kept Tillman, but even now, a couple years later, and a downhill slide, there are many supporters in the decision.
I do not think the coaching staff is bad (other than the rediculous amount of time counts we have taken). I was upset with special teams last game and the lack of reccognition that Eddie was punting short causing no-yards, and there was no adjustment...I that will be reccognized for the future. And of course the offensive scheme blows...but that is all on 1 person.