Is this stupid?

What the hell is this dumb crap on the 49ers Coyboys game?
Cartoon graphics with slime and towels and other nonsense....
This is the future of tv sports I guess. Anybody else ever seen anything as dumb as this?

3 Likes

I know, this isn't us being old, It is just stupid
A 10 year old would think it's stupid

2 Likes

It certainly takes the ‘tegrity out of a great sport.

1 Like

This is what happens when you let young people run things!
You can blame all the problems of this world on people that were young at one point in their lives! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Damn kids, with their rock n roll and long hair and such.

4 Likes

Nothing that a good spanking wouldn't take care of! :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Jeez....there’s a sale on deodorant and razors at the Safeway....
Someone should tell ‘em eh?

On the NFL playoffs thread I just posted that the game is also being shown on Nickelodeon, and that is what is responsible for the slime. I’m watching the CBS feed and there is no slime, although they showed an example on a field goal attempt and chuckled at it.

My guess is that they are trying to capture 8 year old fans who they hope will become fans for life. Maybe not as stupid as it looks at first blush. If you can get CBS you will be slime free.

4 Likes

I’m stuck in the slime....but thanks.

1 Like

Switched to TSN 3, much better! :grinning:

3 Likes

I suspected TSN would be slime free as well.

It did NOT work for the NHL on Fox. It actually backfired and drove fans away, proving that actually sometimes there IS such thing as bad press.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe. Don’t know if it will work but it appears to me that is what they are attempting.

2 Likes

I saw the slime on tsn 3. I ignored it.

I think it's good that they are at least trying to get youngsters to pay attention to football. They wouldn't otherwise. They'd be watching cartoons or surfing through Youtube etc. I don't understand the fascination with Mindcraft but these kids spend hours fooling around with it.

At some point the CFL might introduce Friday Night Slimeball on TSN

1 Like

Or do something similar with YTV or Telethon (Do they still exist lol).

Do have Teletoon though.

LOL yeah I'm surprised that the slime made it to the Adult broadcast. I would definitely have it on whatever the Canadian equivalent of a children's network is in this case.

2 Likes

Yeah as soon as I read opening "slime" my mind instantly jumped to Nick as well

But it really is amazing how much US markets to the kids

1 Like

And CFL fans say "we need to go back to the golden days of CBC"

Pay attention people. As stupid as that looks, kids are watching.