Is there tailgating in the parking lot at Eskimos games?

Hey, I'm heading to my first Eskies game tomorrow vs. the Riders! I'm new to the CFL, but I'm a big NFL fan, so I'm curious if there's any tailgating in the Commonwealth Stadium parking lot.

Not the tailgating section in the stadium that you have to pay to get in, but an actual pre-game tailgate party in the parking lot before the game so that I can hang out with fans and grab a bite to eat.

Thanks!

Sadly not. I'm not sure what they do with the smaller lot that its not available, but the big lot at Stadium LRT is used by Park and Ride buses. The food inside the stadium is usually good quality though, and the lineups not too long; even at halftime, you can probably get through and back to your seat in time for 3rd Quarter. Watch out for OVERPRICED beverages though, cola and alcoholic!

Welcome to the Eskimo Empire by the way, hope your game experience is as good as you get in the NFL digs. There are lots of stadium staff and police around if you have difficulties.

..tailgating is fast becoming a dying art in all CFL venues...

...just recently Calgary started cracking down on TGing, no open comsumption of alcohol for starters....your can still BBQ and hang out though...

...there is a small amount of TGing around BC Place, but there and McMahon are the only ones left I think...

...None at Commonwealth, none at Mosaic, none at CanadInns, none at Rogers Centre, none at Ivor Wynn (although Big Dave says there is TGing at a park about 5 blocks away) and none at McGill....

RedandWhite is mistaken about there being no tailgate party at Mosaic Stadium. Well I guess he is partly right that they are not partying in a parking lot. However they DO have a great tailgate party before each and every home game on the practice field beside Mosaic. It is truly a blast as I have attended them in the past. Last one I was at last summer, they had a local radiostation cranking out the tunes , a motocross group performing jumps and many many many watermelon heads dancing around on the field. Regina really does know how to host a football game.