Is the West final blacked out in Man/Sask Tommorrow?

East Final is on TSN 1,3,4,5
West Final is on TSN 1,4,5
Jets are on TSN 3 at the same time as the West Final.
So of you are a TSN subscriber in Manitoba or Sask you get TSN2 like everyone else in Canada and you get your regional feed of TSN3.
Why the game is not on TSN 2 defeats the entire purpose of TSN2.
Hopfully I am wrong... But os this what is going on?

are you saying that man and sask do not have tsn 1. That would make no sense.

No region has 3 tsn channels.. Everyone gets TSN2 and then they het their regional TSN Channel.. In BC amd Alberta it is TSN 1... In Onterrible it os TSN 4... In sask/man it is TSN 3

My Sister in Stoon said last week they watched the Montreal - B.C. game, had a bunch of people over and then for the start of the Rider - Esk game TSN switched to Jets hockey. No Rider game to be found. I think she said TSN2 had darts on or something. Her Shaw H.D. box was about 5 years old. Luckily they had a newer one in one of the bedrooms and that one had it on a channel that they couldn't get with the older box. I also read that Shaw was inundated with calls in Sask when the Rider game started so I imagine a lot of people were pretty pissed. A house full of partiers ready to go and all of a sudden the "guest of honor" doesn't show.

I don't know what you're saying here, Bungle, but I get all 5.

You get all 5 in every province if you have 2nd or 3rd tier and above cable package with Bell & Rogers. Don't know about Shaw or others.

Yup - but if you've got just basic or the first tier of cable you don't get all 5 TSN channels and that is the problem.

My Mom here on Hamilton Mountain with Rogers only gets TSN4 and TSN2. So if for example there happened to be a Leafs regional game on TSN4 at the same time as a CFL game - she would not be able to see the CFL game - and that is what is happening with TSN3 in Saskatchewan and Manitoba today with the Jets game on instead.

So some in Saskatchewan and Manitoba will not get the CFL game today.

The way it works is that each region has one TSN "regional" channel, and TSN 2 is a "national" channel. So everyone should get TSN 2 and one of TSN 1, 3, 4, and 5.

TSN makes the other feeds available for no extra charge to BDUs (Shaw, Rogers, etc). As a result, most people with digital TV service in Canada get all five. People who still have analog service or the basic conversion box that Rogers offers in some places for analog customers only get two (or even one if they don't get TSN 2 due to package restrictions). There's a few other cases where the other feeds won't be available to someone, apparently people on Shaw with old enough boxes are in that boat (likely either due to lack of support for a newer codec or SDV), or someone like Mountain Cable that just sticks them in a higher tier and charges for them.

TSN is kind of up a creek with that combination of events, because they don't have national NHL TV rights. The Jets game on TSN 3 is only available in that region and is blacked out everywhere else. They can't put that game on TSN 2 because it's national, and they can't put it on any other feed because it's in the wrong region. At the same time, they probably can't put the CFL on TSN 2 because it's already on TSN 1, 4, and 5, which are the primary channels in the rest of the country.

The whole thing is kind of a mess because of how it came into being, with TSN 2 originally being an alternate feed channel and "TSN" being national. Then TSN 2 also became national, but with a license that didn't let them split that one up. It's also got less distribution than "TSN", so they didn't want to swap it all around and make that the primary one or they'd lose viewers for too many events. AS a result, they split "TSN" into 1, 3, 4, and 5, but not everyone gets them all yet. Which leads us to this.

I imagine it'll sort itself out in time.

With 5 mins left in the game they just welcomed viewers from Winnipeg…
What a black eye for the league… You most loyal viewers of the league being blacked out…Just utterly ridiculous that on an over the air network you can watch the NFL and can not watch your own national league playoffs unless you spend over a hundred dollars a month on cable. Canada is the only country in the entire world that this would ever happen… Any other country would be burning down their TV stations.

Could you imagine if in England they were showing meaningless Bundusligue matches , but blacking out derby matches from the EPL? The fact this game is more readily available in the USA than in Canada is also quite ironic

Have you ever had anything positive to say on this board? Your constant hyper-exaggerated whining is beyond tedious. And pathetic.

I get all 5 as well... must depend on who your cable provider is...

BCRiderFan... bungle doesn't know what he is griping about... but OTOH, it is comical... :lol: :lol:

we now get tsn 1 and 2, but we also have to option of getting the others at additional cost.

I'm willing to bet, Edmonton fans WISH this game was blacked out now!!

Whats positive about living in a country with no identity that cow tails to any other country and is actually proud of the fact that we say sorry all the time... Immigrants have wonderful things to say about our country because we lack any laws to stop them from laundering money into our country and buying all of our real estate. I live in probably one of the most criminal run cities in the world, and everyone is oblivious t it and just move further and further out of the city, as the criminals drive the living costs higher and higher.

Whats positive about living in a country with no identity that cow tails to any other country and is actually proud of the fact that we say sorry all the time... Immigrants have wonderful things to say about our country because we lack any laws to stop them from laundering money into our country and buying all of our real estate. I live in probably one of the most criminal run cities in the world, and everyone is oblivious t it and just move further and further out of the city, as the criminals drive the living costs higher and higher.

Based upon his rant about Canada I'm assuming mr bungle has never travelled to a third world country (and no, a beach vacation in Mexico does not count) and seen how the real world actually is. I have, as many other Canadians have, and this is a safe paradise we live in by comparison.

Mr. Bungle you are so jaded and negative on every subject and in every post you make, I am honestly a little concerned that you may have a problem and perhaps should seek some help. I am not meaning to insult you.

Acrually.. I prefer the freedom of devloping countries in that there is not a law foreverything... Street food... Motorbikes( i have no licence) ,partying until 11:00 am, road chaos, and actually living ,make Canada a boring restricted place where no one really lives, and people can never get ahead because they pay everything they earn to taxes ,so that the police can restrict us.. I spent the entire winter last year in Vietnam and Cambodia.. Most of my time was spent on motorbike tours and kitesurfing, so I did the oposite of what all of the criminals who come to Canada do.. I guess the difrnce is that I was not laundering money or committing any crimes to earn my money, other than working for oil companies in Canada...
Anyone who considers Canada a paridise has obviously not traveled very much... We have probably the most restrictive laws outside of the Arab world. Our street food consists of hotdogs ( lips and bungholes) because everything else is too unsafe to eat.. Every music festival that we do have ( few and far in between) is in constant threat of being shut down because of safety issues. National institutions like Octoberfest, would actually be illegal in this country... Oh and did I mention the taxes, that dont afford us with childcare or with university tuition, and thus having children is financially impossible unless you live like you are in a developing country, and live multiple families in the same house. What used to separate this country from developing countries is quickly disappearing ,and all we are left with is boredom and taxes.

What? sheesh. scary

Oh, well that explains a lot. He’s an anarchist.

People who complain about the fact that we pay taxes would be the first to complain if they had no roads to ride their unlicensed motorcycles on, no police to protect them from unfettered criminals, no hospitals to tend to them when they’re shot in the streets, and no schools to educate them.

Well, maybe they wouldn’t complain about no schools.