Is TD stadium getting a new North side ?

OSEG specifically Greenberg has hinted that the north side stands needs some change as well as the two other buildings Aberdeen and Horticulture building .

https://heritageottawa.org/sites/default/files/44.title_.horticulture.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Aberdeen_Pavilion_1903.jpg

My speculation this is to introduce a discussion in building a new arena for the 67’s and community and building a north side that mirrors the south side with a curved stand . It is just my take on a media release .

They might be able to tie in the old castle front with a new front entrance to a an arena .

Just throwing it out there as Greenberg and the city were on the same page they need more draws , revenue and less repairs to the existing infrastructure .

Personally I would miss the north side roof when it rains if this is where they are heading with the conversation .

it would be a better view for those of us on the South side that’s for sure. :wink:
love seeing the south side the way it is now as we wlk to our seats on the lower bowl

…… as for the roof and northsiders getting wet

HAHAHAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D

Noooooo need my comfy roof . I hate the dampness now. :slight_smile:

I do like the idea of curving the stands and connecting it at the end to make it nice and symmetrical though .

https://postmediaottawacitizen2.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/ottawa-out-citizen-use-only-aerial-photo-of-td-p.jpeg?quality=55&strip=all

You maybe right but they hate the civic centre underneath .

Plus the lower seats on the ends are a tough sell as you are blocked out of view and hurt your neck watching the game at the other end . I will never buy season tickets there again .

and Its kinda of a upkeep nightmare .

They just put more money into it they were not budgeting for and the place doesn’t have adequate washrooms upstairs they have blue porta potties .

But I love the roof when the weather is bad .

It was a cheap skates way to build a stadium and arena at once in the first place but it really should have come down and build afresh with a new stadium and arena for Junior hockey .

The 67’s are worth more than the Redblacks in valuation . When you don’t pay your players it’s quite lucrative to own a Junior A team . They are estimated to be worth
55 million . The Calgary Hitmen are the highest value at 68 million .

Building the hockey arena under the North Stands was a really dumb idea to start with. Move the arena to the other end of the site and use the vacated space to enter the stadium and the seating without going up the ramp. Re-design the access to the existing North Stands but do not tear it down. I like having my season tickets under the roof. I have visited the South Stands and I prefer the North Stands with its more acute viewing angle. YOu feel closer to the field. The Old South stands had the best viewing perspective. As fas as I’m concerned, OSEG should have completely torn down the stadium instead of building half of a new one and re-built a 5,000 seat hockey arena on the “Grand Lawn” that is wasted space.

Ya. Im not sure wat the purpose of those extended lower add on permant seats serve extending from the main North side serves for CFL games. Instead remove them. So it can become the visiting teams sideline.
I hate having both teams squeezed on the same sideline.
Thats fine for Soccer with less than 10 players on the bench.
I suspect those low extended seats on the North side are there for soccer as well.

At the time OSEG did the right thing in IMO. The entire new South side with all the Bells & Whistles. & Financially renovating the South side the way they did.

But I agree now that it is a VERY Successfull Venue. It is Time to make another upgrade Reno. Washrooms is a good place to start.
As for the wasted lawn Area.
I thought at the time that OSEG said they were gona do wat they did in the endzone areas.
The patio area type thing
& Lounge area like Tim Hortons field something along those lines.

Ya. Im not sure wat the purpose of those extended lower add on permant seats serve extending from the main North side serves for CFL games. Instead remove them. So it can become the visiting teams sideline.
I hate having both teams squeezed on the same sideline.
Thats fine for Soccer with less than 10 players on the bench.
I suspect those low extended seats on the North side are there for soccer as well.

The old style Landsdowne had teams on either side with the rolling camera behind the players on the north side .

Would like to see them do something with the berm like a standing section like Pilsner at Mosaic . Then push the field towards that end zone for the soccer field with that end having a supporters section .

Bud is a big sponsor and the colours match so they would probably be on board with a BUD Red zone where the berm is and place a permanent bar and new video replay board in that end .

Two excellent ideas.
These are the things that improve the experience of any event