Is Reinebold leaving?

Or the Ticats wanted to announce their coaching staff first (which may get expedited now)

1 Like

While not a Spec subscriber, so I can’t read the article, posted by Shadax, my guess is Reinebold may be just making a point if he’s, actually, quoted as saying “I have not left the TiCats for Hawaii.”
The key words would be 'left" and “for Hawaii.”
Could be his contract has not been extended, by Milanovich, which is different than “left the TiCats.” And / or, it could be that he does not, yet, have a deal in Hawaii. And / or, it could be that he has another deal, or is looking for one, somewhere else.

1 Like

Quite possible. The Star-Advisor report said they are finalizing deals for the three coaches, so like Jeff said they probably don’t have a contract out to him to sign just yet. He didn’t deny talking to Chang.

I would think the Ticats may be waiting on one or two guys and will make one announcement about the full coaching staff once everyone is officially signed.

1 Like

We all know Coach Reinebold marches to a different drummer,
It’s what makes him who he is!
This time 2 years ago he left the Ticats only to sign with MTL as DC and then left Mtl in the lurch 2 weeks before training camp to go back to Hawaii and surf,
Only to go back to Hamilton again!
I guess we will find out soon enough what he is doing

6 Likes

Well depending on which way the tide is going he will either be surfing back to Hamilton or surfing back to Hawaii . I’m sure we will find out the answer shortly .

4 Likes

It was as STC, not DC. We already had a taste of Reinebold as DC in 2012 and no one wants another helping of that.

3 Likes

Thanks for correcting

2 Likes

Don’t think you need to subscribe, just gotta disable your ad blocker temporarily.

1 Like

here’s the text:
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ special teams co-ordinator says he hasn’t left the team to join the University of Hawaii.

A report in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser on Tuesday (which got picked up on social media) said Jeff Reinebold would be joining the Rainbow Warriors’ football staff led by former Ticats quarterback – and now Hawaii head coach – Timmy Chang. It said he would be coaching the defensive tackles and nose guards.

Not so fast, Reinebold says.

“I do not have an offer from Hawaii,” he wrote to The Spectator. “Timmy and I have talked – I have been helping him with his offseason program – I think he would like me to come here but at this time there is no contract on the table.”

The 66-year-old is an offseason resident of Hawaii.

He’s had three stints with the Tiger-Cats during a coaching career that dates back to 1981 and has taken him to several American universities (including a stint at Hawaii), a couple teams in NFL Europe and stops with five other CFL teams. He returned to Hamilton at the beginning of last season as special teams co-ordinator and assistant defensive backs coach.

The Ticats declined to offer comment.

5 Likes

Renowned NFL analyst Jeff Reinbold is currently on tour in Ireland.

2 Likes

In Ireland you say ? Well I never knew they surfed over there ? :surfing_man:t2: :ireland: :beers:

I actually saw people surfing today in Donegal but no sign of Jeff. Whoever it was that was surfing should be signed by the Ticats because you don’t get any tougher or crazier than they are!
But, Jeff really is here on tour.

5 Likes

I was in Bournemouth, England, in the summer 2008 and it was good surfing spot

1 Like

He does a show in Ireland… starting next week.

4 Likes

They do! My daughter lives in the north and has gone herself.
Towns such as Portstewart and Portrush (amazing golf there…) both have good surfing in the winter. Bring a thick wetsuit. Gorgeous part of Ireland.
Slainte!

3 Likes

Donegal! Incredibly beautiful…. Enjoy. Have a Guinness for me.

3 Likes

its official hes heading to Hawaii

4 Likes

I can’t remember the year but he also had an unsuccessful turn at DC in Hamilton as well.

Aloha coach. :beers:

1 Like

Wow things progressed quickly.

Never say never but this is the last we’ll ever see Reinbold in the CFL. Salut to a good coach.

1 Like