Is Reinebold leaving?

Posted on X about 30 minutes ago. Hawaii football finalizing deals with Thurman, Morrison, Reinebold | Honolulu Star-Advertiser

3 Likes

Good find. It would certainly appear so.

Not particularly surprising. Bit of a fluke we got him last year. A good coach, high professionalism. Hated to lose. Wish him well.

1 Like

Definitely was great to have his leadership and special teams certainly excelled under him. Looking at the article, couldn’t help notice Timmy Chang - was that our QB at one point back in the day?

2 Likes

Not surprising at all when you look at it . It was probably as simple as a combination of Milanovich wanting to bring in his own man and Jeff getting an opportunity to coach at home in Hawaii .

3 Likes

Yes it certainly is . The one and only . The “Chang Gang” . Was here back in the days when we were winning 3 to 4 games in a season on a regular basis .

3 Likes

Sad to see a very good coach / very good man leaving our team, but happy for him to be able to work less than an hour’s island hop away from his home.

4 Likes

Still remember him coming off the bench for Maas once and throwing a bomb to Brock Ralph for a long TD. About his only shining moment but he excelled in an exhibition game or two and was pegged as the future hope at qb. Think he was only here in 2007 or possibly 2006.

2 Likes

Is there anyway that we can have a mod possibly merge this thread into the Cats 2024 thread so as we don’t have the same topic going on in two different places ?

2 Likes

Yup , as most players from that sad sack era of the team (03-08) he wasn’t here for very long . I believe he was here for the 07 and part of the 08 season .

3 Likes

Here is an update on the Reinebold signing…

2 Likes

Turns out to be fake news.

5 Likes

I say leave it. Makes more sense to have specfic threads to discuss a topic then catch all “ticats 2024”.

1 Like

Fair enough , besides now the talk is apparently that he is staying and the news release was all BS anyways . So go figure ? :thinking: :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Interesting that 3Down didnt fact check this with the guy himself.

He’s extremely active on twitter and I think even I’ve interacted with him on there before

3 Likes

If nothing else Jeff Reinbold is a gamer!

I feel like if he was still a Ticat it would have come out in the statement.

1 Like

Sounds like an offer is on the table. Jeff loves his off season home. I’m gonna predict that the deal is imminent.

3 Likes

it is striking that the article does not mention Reinebold’s CFL experience at all.

Reminds me a bit of when Charlie Taaffe had a business lunch with one of his old coaching colleagues and was rumoured to be taking the offensive co-ordinator job at the school (Old Dominion?) while he was still under contract. I think he was named by a newspaper down in the states as well as having taken the job. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Reinebold does in fact leave, maybe a reporter just jumped the gun.

3 Likes