Is Mike Sam dissing the CFL?

Did anyone else read Toronto Sun writer Steve Simmons today. Seems SAMs is saying some crap about the CFL and how he was dominating the league or something. Does anyone have any real info on this?

Burning his bridges rather quickly. He clearly took the CFL for granted, like many NFL guys, and just assumed he could come here out of shape and dominate the league. The reality is that he isn't good enough for the CFL, and he was extremely fortunate that the Al's allowed him to quit on the team once, and come back. He quit on them a second time and I'd be very surprised if he surfaces in pro football ever again.

It shows a persons real character when they come out with excuses instead of the truth. The truth is he isn't good enough. I wish him the best of luck in his personal life, but I can't wish good luck to him in his football endeavours when he's a quitter.

Sams a loser. Nobody likes a quitter.

Is he dissing the league? Yes. Does or should anyone care? No.

...not seeing anything online about this

If you go to the Tiger Cats chat you'll see a thread with links to a couple of articles. I I knew how to post them here, I would, I don't think either one was from the Toronto Sun but if they did have something it might have been based on the articles from the States.

He said something about how he never really wanted to come here but he made a commitment so he wanted to honour it.

Good job with that. :thup:

From here:

I never really wanted to go to the CFL, but I did it and I committed to going,? Sam said. “I want to thank the Montreal Alouettes for all they’ve done for me, but I wasn’t getting better as a football player. That was one of the main keys, I wasn’t getting better as a football player. It was a different defense, a defense I wasn’t used to, and all the stuff I learned from the Rams, the Cowboys, I thought I was losing that technique in Montreal.?

Sam says he has no doubt that he can make an NFL roster next season.

“I am a football player, a damn good one too, and I want to prove myself within this league,? Sam said. “I know that I can do this, and I can play in this league.?

He seems delusional to me. The NFL doesn't have a habit of going back to guys who were already cut, who quit on a team (twice!), and who are not playing football. There's so many new people coming out of college every year that why would someone bother? He can probably use the publicity to go into broadcasting or something like that, but his pro football career is over.

He's also been claiming he'd be on a roster in the NFL if he didn't come out.

Here is the entire interview. The man is delusional

[url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-sam-still-nfl-he-827287]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... -he-827287[/url]
[b]I never really wanted to go to the CFL, but I did it and [u]I committed to going[/u],? Sam said[/b]
by quitting on the team twice?

When asked about him claiming mental problems and changing his story. He answered that NFL teams would be understanding
ROFLMAO !!!!!!

Poor Michael. (Last time I used those two words was when Jackson dangled his baby from a balcony).

All the more reason to believe the mental health problems. I read that article a few weeks ago. It's either the mental health issues or he's just one that tries to blame everyone/everything except himself. He wasn't with Montreal long enough to have whatever skills he may have learned in the states erode. He may have gotten a shot somewhere bef ore this interview came out, but now he couldn't get on the practice roster of a PeeWee football team.

Wow, he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to get into broadcasting. Not a very articulate athlete. Dan Patrick asked "Michael Sam to ask an interview question of Michael Sam" and he was completely befuddled. He just couldn't do it.

A big part of being a broadcaster is thinking on your feet as not everything is scripted or read from a telepromter.

Worked for Obama... well at least for a little while. :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn't the Alouettes suspend him, again? If so he can't play anywhere else as he's under contract to the Alouettes.

He dissed the NFL , by saying it is to hard of system to learn compared to the NFL. LOL

Yup Sam is on the Alouettes suspended list along with Chad Johnson, (fail) Kyle Quinlan (smart) and some other WR from the States(???)

I think someone needs to ask him how he's going to keep up with his "NFL technique" being out of football for a few years. What a bs excuse. Just admit it Sam, you used the gay card because you knew you weren't good enough to be in either league.

Sam was not even playing the same position in both leagues to make that argument valid. Sam was trying out as a LB in the NFL. In the CFL, he was playing what he felt was his strength: DE.

Sure didn't stunt Cameron Wake's abilities on the defensive line being up here.