Is Masoli a legit starter or backup ? If not what's next

Anybody remember this,
We all wanted Zach to succeed when he came back from his injury almost a year ago

https://i1.wp.com/3downnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/collarosjesus.jpg

My predictions Masoli and Collaros are both back in the black and gold next year.

Would Zac take a bit of a pay cut say 320k-375k a year Masoli get a bit of a raise then he is making now, to be successful in the CFL today it seems like you need 2 reliable Qbs if one goes down the other one steps in.

I think Zac has the talent to succeed the oline has been improved with Washington and really like the play of Matthews before his injury.

If we get some more quality receivers in the offense for depth the ticats can be a very dangerous team next .... Hopefully the rest of the way this year

The Defense has been great latlely and seem to be really gelling and missing a big piece with A.K which will only improve the unit

Thinking with Ted Laurent out and the d playing so well, is Ted going to be the odd man out with Atkinson,gill and Vaughn but Ted is making 225-250 K. A big hit to the cap but if salary cap wasn't an issue any team would want Big teddy on their team

Special teams has been great Castillo been amazing and like Aultmen on the returns no dancing around just north and south picks up positive yards

Would have been in it had we not blown game against Sask. too bad.

AK played a grand total of ONE QUARTER OF FOOTBALL this season, so the Secondary hasn’t missed him much. As for Teddy’s cap hit - being on the 6-game IL means that, by your numbers, $80k does NOT count against the cap. Same with AK, ED, Butler, Tolliver, Atkinson, etc…

Also, I think that Masoli is a legit backup... Lol

If the HC knew anything about Canadian Football??

Half a season to find a starting qb for next year and they are wasting it trying to figure out whether or not a backup qb with an efficiency rating of 69 should be brought back as backup next year.
Next june everyone will be saying how its just too bad the ticats cant find a starter, if only there was more pre season games to audition some…

Let's just leave Masoli at QB until we our out of the play-off picture. He does produce wins for one reason or another. Zack hasn't so let him develop on the side lines. For the price he gets paid this shouldn't even be a topic to discuss if he was that good. Got to trust Jones that Masoli is the best option right now. When out of it let Zack come back in and see what he can do.

When he loses 12 in a row take him out.if he keeps on winning give him a chance to improve. We already know what the other guy can do. My efficiency is 3 and 1 the only other option is golson

For one reason or another: He manages the game very well, makes sure he can get the points when he has the opportunity, can scramble which is a huge plus; when his arm is on, it is accurate and strings passes together. Even keel leadership on the field. Tough as nails. Can grind on the road. Plays under the most desperate circumstances such as when all else has failed and he is winning. I’m not sure how long this is going to last but a win’s a win.

Masoli has moved the ball, achieved first downs, managed the offence, made some spectacular throws, and inspired this team...part of the reason why we are playing better is that players on offence, defence and special teams believe that Masoli can lead us to wins...they obviously did not have that same belief in Collaros.

That said, yes, some weak areas of the team have been improved with key personnel moves since Masoli took over (Jones replaces Austin...Matthews replaces Holmes...Chambers replaces Jones...Lolley replaces Reinbold...new DB's have replaced ineffective ones...Brooks seems to be the best of the bunch who have attempted to fill in at LB...Shortill is back from injury...Whitlock has suddenly made an impact as a pass rusher...Banks has been moved to receiver...Aultman is now our full time KR, and he is very productive/dependable, etcetera). And Collaros probably would have a better chance to succeed now that the team has improved overall (keep in mind the team will only get better once Laurent, Atkinson, Kanneh and Fantuz get back from injury, and new additions like Ricky Collins eventually make their way onto the field).

Jones likes Collaros (he has praised Collaros in pressers/interviews), so I think if Jones is around next year, he would like to keep Collaros. But that would require Collaros to take a pay cut, and agree to be a backup, which I cannot see Collaros doing, knowing that he could probably compete for a starting job in BC and Montreal, and that Toronto also wants him back to eventually replace Ray. So I see us trading Collaros to BC soon, if a deal can be worked out. If not, we will cut him.

I also say we trade Manziel's rights...we can't have him here after the attention the Briles situation caused.

If the Cats do decide to trade Collaros, what, or who would you expect in return? Or are you thinking more of a salary dump?

Montreal doesn't appear to have much to offer, and I can't see Popp coming out on the bad side of a trade. Zach does not want to go west. Could be a tough sellers market.

Do we know that he doesn’t want to go west?

Popp traded future Hall of Famer Chad Owens for a 4th round pick. He has plenty of bad trades.

In what world is Chad Owens getting into the Hall of Fame?

he will be close.
4 time All CFL player and all time professional football single season yards leader.

IF collaros is traded Manziel will stay. or visa-versa. After Manziel is cleared by the Commish, there
will not be a problem with signing him or trading him.

I would love to see how Zac performs with this new offence.

You know, with a running game, improved line play, improved play calling.

I admire your loyalty, however, Zach is 0-8, Jeremiah is 3-1. Why would you reward a losing record with more playing time, and potentially derail a winning record with less? It may be a slim hope, but there is still a possibility of sqeaking into a play-off position.

If that disappears, by all means, let’s see what Zach can do, but until then, play the hot hand.

Masoli is a legit starter. Fact.