Is Jesse worth keeping ?

Like so many others I am a die heart fan punished year in and year out by that which has sadly become Hamiton Tiger Cat football. An emotional rollcoaster ride that seems to end with de-railment over and over again. Still there are some of us that continue support regardless of the disapointment. Since 1972 I have rarely missed a game, there have been some high points few and far between, for the most this team has provided a series of lows. So the reason I continue supporting is the players, each year there a player that peaks my interest and excitement, then most years the team / coaching takes that interest and bursts my ballon. I am sick of this and ask that before this season ends we find out one way or the other, just who is Jesse Lumsden and what is he truly capable of accomplishing as a football player. Before he leaves us please. Win or Lose I ask that it be different this time. My request is we showcase Jesse in a game with 20-25 touches. Make him the work horse and let his play dictate his own future here or anywhere else. Its my opinion that Jesse is the most talented RB we have ever had in Hamilton and watching him touch the ball just 4 times in a game is pathetic and borderline stupid. Is he who I believe he is? I as a fan would love to know.

I think that because he hasn't signed an extension, we should trade him now while we can get something or value back for him. If he hits free agency, Toronto and Edmonton will go after him hard. A playoff bound team that wants to load up on weapons will probably trade us two starters in areas of need for Lumsden.

And forever and a day we will regret trading Jesse. We will get two players who will be cut within a year or two and Jesse will be one of the greatest runningbacks to ever play the Canadian game. We will be left with nothing.
I agree with Justafan. Give the guy an opportunity to take this team to another level. Get him the ball any way we can and i guarantee you he will prove to be worth a whole lot more than Printers. But I don't see this happening unless DMac gets more control of the offense.

Make it a priority to sign him…period.
From an on-field and off-field standpoint, we can’t give this guy up.

I'm quite indifferent. Lumsden can't stay healthy. And he plays a position that is the most punishing in football and that also has the shortest career span.

Here's the cold hard truth: you don't build around a running back, regardless of his talent, regardless of how much you just adore the fact that he's Canadian. Guys like Charles Robert and Mike Pringle, who have long, productive careers with the same team, are anomalies. Take a look around the league. Running backs come and go. Here today, gone tomorrow.

From a marketing stand point he is great to keep around. From a football standpoint the guy is a burden to the team and a cap. He is rarely healthy and quite frankly a tad overhyped hyped yes. Will he come back to haunt us likely not. Is he going to be the best rb to ever grace a ticat jersey or cfl football like everyone says no. Have we had better yes will we at some point have better yes. he hasnt made t his team a winner. i say trade him now while he still has some value.

Here today gone tomorrow is a great point, but Iam only here for today. If while he is a member of this team they do not find out 100 % what Lumsden is made of none of us shall ever know, and thats my point PLAY HIM SHOWCASE him and let us the paying fan judge. By the amount he has played as a Ti cat injured or not done of us can say he would or would not be the best. I for one am only asking for the chance to find out. Trade him cut him have him retire hospitalize him from overwork I dont care. I just want to see if he is capable or not before he is gone.

its gonna be tough to see he is still clearly bothered by that high ankle sprain and been hopping off the field since his return. im afraid to say it but we may never truly know what he is capable of as he is rarely at 100% other then a couple games a year

if he doesn't want to be here let him go

he's a great player and I don't want to see him go

we are strong at running back with caulley and smith

who cares that he's canadian, he's good

but we are going to be rebuilding for another 2-3 years and by that time, jesse will be approaching 30 which is the end of the line for running backs normally

if he wants to be a grey cup champion before he retires, he's gonna go somewhere else and do it

the cats are in too much turmoil for anyone who wants to come here

zeke said that he hoped to retire as a ticat.........oops!

if you were a free agent, even if you had ties to hamilton or southern ontario, would you want to sign with the cats?

they need to hire a new coach and coordinators the day after the grey cup and get them scouting and workingon 09 right away. we can't lose any time. we need our ducks in a row before we lure anybody here

It seems to me that Lumsden is 100% committed to the ticats and the city of Hamilton and I have not seen any evidence to the contrary and also when healthy he is the most exciting player in the CFL so the short answer is YES he is worth keeping.

Well stated. The team brass and the denizens of ticats.ca can't trade all the stars of the club in one day, can they?

:D :D :D

Oski Wee Wee,

Stripes, TC, the Cheerleaders, Leslie Stewart, Maintenance crew are also on the trade block :wink:

Jessie is worth keeping :rockin:

No He is not

We would be better off spending that money putting a line infront of Caulley.

8) Do you not think that Jesse is also fed up playing for this losing team, that is under constant rebuilding and re-construction every few months !!
Obviously Zeke couldn't take any more of it here  !!!               <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

"And forever and a day we will regret trading Jesse. We will get two players who will be cut within a year or two and Jesse will be one of the greatest runningbacks to ever play the Canadian game. We will be left with nothing.
I agree with Justafan. Give the guy an opportunity to take this team to another level. Get him the ball any way we can and i guarantee you he will prove to be worth a whole lot more than Printers. But I don't see this happening unless DMac gets more control of the offense." :thup: good post IMHO Make lumsden the feature back, Shotgun draw,s shovel passes, screens, swing passes. on 2nd and short feature Lumsden with a Leadblock fullback(radlin/dickerson) Trade Caully, Trade Printers , and Pay Jesse the BIG BUCKS to stay

Who cares. Just one player on the worst sports franchise in North America. Just doesn't make any difference. Jesse is not going to have a long playing career. Injuries will take there toll. He should chase the biggest paycheck. If, and a big if, Hamilton still has a team in 4-5 years, there is a remote chance that we might have a playoff team. Jesse won't be a part of that either way.