Is It True?

ARE you talking about the same Joe who wined about montreal "spying " his playcalls? in his D the game passed him by thats all, to bad the TiCats had to hire him for his resume,. Train wreck, in the Hammer 2006,

Guys,

This is not really new "news"....this a copy of a recent Spec article by Ken Peters, entitled "Ticat assistant coaches told turn in keys":

"Every Hamilton Tiger-Cat assistant coach has been asked to turn in his keys to the Balsam Avenue North bengal bunker.

But Ticat GM Marcel Desjardins insists that none of the Cat assistants have been fired, nor is the move a precursor to their future firing.

"There was nothing gained by them being here," Desjardins said, adding the Cats are still honouring the contracts of each of the assistants, the majority of whom remain under contract until the end of the year.

"There is nothing there. This isn't new to this business. It's standard to do this. I've already said, and they are aware of the fact, until they are spoken to by the new (head) coach. And until he says 'I want you back', the chances of them returning weren't going to be real high anyway," Desjardins said.

The Cats aren't expected to hire a new bench boss until sometime between the Nov. 19 Grey Cup in Winnipeg and Jan. 1.

"If the new coach decides to hire one or two of them, I have no problem with that.

"It's not as if I have said 'you're fired and you're not coming back here ever.' That's not the case," he said.

"You can position it any way you want. It's no indication, because at the end of the day the new coach will determine what he wants to do.

"They are not going to be involved in any decision-making, making any decisions that as of right now would be used or would be productive for this organization for next year," said Desjardins.

"As a general statement, the coaches have been asked to turn in their keys.

"At the end of the day it is not a reflection on them, it's the situation."

The affected coaches include:

• Third-year defensive co-ordinator Kavis Reed, a six-year CFL veteran.

• Third-year defensive line coach Dennis McPhee, who served with the Cats from 1994-2001, before returning three seasons later to serve with then-Cat head coach Greg Marshall.

• Third-year special teams coach Jerome Erdman, a five-year CFL veteran.

• First-year Ticat offensive assistant Perry Marchese, who joined the Cats this season after three years with the Toronto Argonauts.

• First-year defensive assistant Joe Sardo, who joined the Cats after five seasons as the defensive co-ordinator of the McMaster Marauders.

• Offensive line coach John Salavantis, who joined the squad after the dismissal of Kani Kauahi earlier this fall.

Salavantis is expected to return as the CHML colour commentator on the 2007 Ticat broadcasts"

You know , it doesnt matter who your D coordinator is if the D is ALWAYS on the field . Players get tired and they make mistakes,nobody can change that !!!!

That’s “logic and reality” habman…not always respected around here by some :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

According to cfl.ca, the average time of possesion for the Ticats was 28:18, meaning opponents had the ball for an average of 31:42. So our defence was on the field an average of 3:24 more than the offence every game. Not that drastic of a difference.

Just for kicks, heres the stats of all the other CFL teams.

Toronto's time of possesion was 28:13 a game, meaning their defence was the on the field 5 seconds more a game than Hamiltons.

Montreal's time of possesion was 29:38 a game, meaning their defence was on the field 1:20 less a game than Hamiltons.

Winnipeg's time of possesion was 30:54 a game, meaning their defence was on the field 2:36 less a game than Hamiltons.

Saskatchewan's time of possesion was 30:21 a game, meaning their defence was on the field 2:03 less a game than Hamiltons.

Calgary's time of possesion was 29:19 a game, meaning their defence was on the field 1:01 less a game than Hamiltons.

Edmonton's time of possesion was 31:18 a game, meaning their defence was on the feild 3 minutes less a game than Hamiltons.

BC's time of possesion was 31:56 a game, meaning their defence was on the field 3:48 less a game than Hamiltons.

So, only Torontos defence spent more time on the field than us. But, Calgary and Montreal, like us, spent more time without the ball than with it. Overall, the difference in time of possesion was not as huge as most people assume.

Andkon , I dont doubt your stats but I really find it hard to believe . All you have to do is look at total offense and TDS scored to see how hard this is to believe . Its like BC , Montreal ect scored all thier points on 1 play drives . We went 4 games was it ? Without even scoring a point . It`s really hard to believe that we had the ball almost as long as the other team but NEVER SCORED A POINT !!!

Might say something about the kind of season it was eh?

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=143

Scroll down and open the .pdf file of each team's stats. Its right there under time of possesion. I didn't just grab the numbers out of thin air.

Didnt say you did . I said i didnt doubt your stats . Look at points scored between us and the other teams . How did they score all thier points in less than 2 min of field time ? And what were we doing with the ball when we had it all that time and didnt score any points ???

They scored all their points due to our defences inabilty to stop them. Thats why Kavis Reed had to be let go. And, when we got the ball, we did sqaut with it, and thats why Paopao was let go.

Reed’s defence, while occasionally good, preformed fairly poorly this season.

So we had alot of 2 and outs , that`s my point about our defence being on the field all the damn time . There is just no way we were that close to BC , Calgary and a host of other teams when BC scored like 200 more points than us and our defence was only on the field an average of only 3 minutes longer than theirs ???

long balls for TDs can take as little or less time than a two and out... just remember that

But was there not many, many games this year, especially against Sask. and the 3rd string Rocky Butler, where the defense crapped out right from the get go?

Very Good point.

I would also point out that we did have some success in moving the ball, but turnovers and inept play calling and poor execution snuffed them out (Mass’ completion percentage would be at or near zero if it were all or mostly two and outs), and no rushing yards would have been accumlated.

I distinctly remember at the beginning of the season, it being talked about a ball control system. We controlled the ball closed to the rest of the league in terms of time of possession, but forgot a fundamental part of the game. SCORE with it!

Marcel Desjardins was not hired to continue along the same sad path the team has been following for the past couple of years. So its no surprise he is cleaning house with the coaching staff.

That’s quite correct, Jerkface, thus making this thread another grouping of redundant posts.