Is it time for a Uniform update?

i agree. i am not a fan of our current made-in-the-hammer third jersey: it looks minor league and cheap. i like our old thirds – the yellow jersey that had the red panel on the pants. i wish the club would resurrect that or do a new one with the old morphed third logo that would be heavier on the yellow (with some red). remember: black and yellow came from the tigers; red and white from the wildcats.

1 Like

Getting pretty pee’d off at all the uniform changes.
Its all a money grab and its getting harder to “identify” the team with the jerseys in the crowd. There are 10 or more different styles worn by the fans in the crowd!
The Lions now have more changes in the past 10 years than they have seasons played!
It would be great to see every team forced to reverting back to the same jersey they originated with and madate that there be only 1 change per generation (20 years).
Alas, all sports are in on the money grab… its pathetic and its using the fans loyalty in upgrading uni’s annually to make money for millionaires… pathetic!

The league is looking for more revenue streams in order to avoid the team collapses in the past like Montreal and Ottawa . Nobody is twisting the arms of fans to buy new merchandise . It’s called capitalism .

2 Likes

Yes expect more advertising on uniforms. Do they really need that big number on the front of the jersey? soccer has ads on the front with the numbers on the back. Seems like it could be a good money maker.

they do it for play by play guys …

Changing up uniforms to stimulate merchandise sales has been around quite awhile in pro sports. All about new “revenue streams”.

hmmmm… what’s it called again ? ?

PS: I completely understand the need for capital for the CFL, it’s a precarious situation when the league can barely stay afloat, because 95% of the football fan numbskulls prefer the Americana game… and this behooves me immensely! I played both games, and I prefer the Canadian over the American game by no small amount.
The NFL is 99% hype and useless chatter, and the actual game itself suck! The CFL is SOOO superior in it’s strategy and execution than the NFL… as a receiver I got maybe 3 passes a game playing the American rules, and when I played the Canadian system I got about 15 passes a game … far better for the players, and more excitement for the fans.
As I said, it’s EVERY sport, not just the CFL that are pushing new sets, and throwback sets, and special game sets. The other 4 major leagues are NOT hurting for revenue, yet they do the same thing.
Football is a Canadian roots game, the Americans bastardized it into some form of game show filled with glitz and sidetracking to keep the watcher from falling asleep. The only worse major game out there is baseball… it’s soooo damned boring they have to have a stretch after 7 innings to wake the fans up from their snooze!
It’s sad that the Canadian game is so undervalued and watched compared to that crap south of the border… we won’t know what we have till it’s gone for good.

I’m a season ticket holder for well over 25 years, and I would gladly pay extra for seasons tickets to have them NOT push new uniforms.

CFL fans - the league needs to do more marketing and generate more revenue

Also CFL fans - the league should stop with all the third jerseys and jersey refreshes because it’s just a cash grab

3 Likes

League needs as much revenue as possible to help teams with unstable ownership situations and/attendance issues.

I wouldn’t mind alternate jerseys if they are both UNIQUE and GOOD. I liked the OG Steel Grey alternate from a few years ago, thought the Wildcats onw was “unique” but not really “good”, and I think the Yellow one was a radical change and a colour that hasn’t been seen in the CFL for decades. The “Hammer” unis don’t really do anything for me, almost as if they were trying TOO hard.

What I DON’T like is the fetish for black alternate uniforms. Especially if a team outright steals the colours of an existing team with those colours in that team’s NAME. Calgary’s colours have (almost) always been red and white. No need whatsoever to have black being the primary colour.

Great point. :+1:

I was pleased to see no black, other than outline of the horse, on the Stamps’ new '23 home and way unis. However they have retained the mostly black look for their alternate jersey and pants…

While the Lions, Stamps and Argos, so far, have made significant changes to their uniforms for the coming season, it looks like the TiCats’ only change, for an improved look, is striping the pants.

2 Likes

I’d love to see this jersey make a comeback.

6 Likes

I may be in the minority, but that shoulder logo is bad, only to be topped by the tiger with the script writing underneath and the visible tail.

5 Likes

Huh?

Can’t stand either of these.

1 Like

Yeah the second one is bad.

Agree, but I don’t mind the Tiger, as posed, without the name in strange font.
The leaping Tiger is the best. Recalling how it wasn’t received, at all, well when it was replaced for Labour Day '06.
TC LD'06-3

Screenshot_4
I WANT This back including the old logo at least as a retro look

8 Likes