Is it time for a New CFL logo?

The current logo is good. it's very clean but it doesn't scream Canadian.

Really bro - there's no need for the attitude. It was a simple oversight. People make typing errors. Thanks for pointing it out but you could have been nicer about it and actually answered the question.

1 Like

Some people do that purposely as a sign of disrespect. That's how I took it.

2 Likes

Canada is Home. Born and raised here. I have nothing but respect for it. I was trying to ask if you look at the current logo, do you think about Canada?

I actually prefer the logo from the 1950's. The new logo is fine, and still quite new, so it's not going to be changing for many years.

3 Likes

Love this one!

8 Likes

Having worked in the helmet decal industry I know that they charge by the colour, so a seven colour League decal for each team would be highly impractical. I would assume that the same issue would come up with embroidering, for the jerseys, and screen printing for the t-shirts, etc.

That's why you often see logos with two or three colours, as is the case with the current logo. In fact I am surprised that they didn't design it so that it could be tailored to use the team colours. IE: Toronto would have a double blue version of the CFL logo, while BC's would be orange and black, etc.

4 Likes

Yes, this one was great. The only revision it needed was maybe remove the "CFL" as it was a little redundant. The logo already says "Canadian Football" pictionary style, with the maple leaf from the flag, juxtaposed with a football.

4 Likes

I don’t like the current logo. It’s too grey, and the ends of the football are missing. It has a dystopian feel to me.
My favourite is the one they used up until 2002. The CFL letters inside a red maple leaf inside a helmet. It might be a little retro for today, but I’m a sucker for that.

3 Likes

This one has always been my favourite too. The current one is OK but don't think they needed to change the last one.

2 Likes

Yeah that one is much better then the current one

2 Likes

I love the 50's logo. How great would that look on an embroidered cap or a football or hockey styled jersey. You could have one that's very similar to the Chicago Blackhawks or a BC Lions jersey from 2018.

I liked the small 3 stitch lace that represented 3 Down Football on the current logo. I thought that was smart

I disagree. The current logo is boring and thus lousy.

:unamused:

Yea this 2002 logo was the better than the current. The current one is too flat and boring. The 50s logo is the exact opposite, too cluttered.

Also for reference here is the 1969-2002 logo:

2 Likes

Thanx. That’s the one.

Not specifically a CFL Logo but a Canadian Football logo, but interesting how it incorporates the indigenous art into both the maple leaf and football.

2 Likes

This guy kinda has an attitude lol like who cares if you didn’t capitalize the “C” hahah holy moly. Anyways, I kinda like the “new”logo - yah it’s simple and I didn’t like it at first but it’s kind of growing on me. Hopefully my grammar is okay.

These logos are funny

1 Like

it does to me.