Is it possible?

If Halifax wins the Commonwealth Games bid in November 2007, stadium construction will start in either spring of 2008 or spring of 2009. The stadium would open in the summer of 2009 or 2010. The stadium will be built early because the governments will want to spread out construction costs and the other two main facilities (the Aquatic Center and the athlete's village) will be built later. Officials have already stated that they don't want to open tha Aquatic Center before 2012 to keep it as new and modern as possible for the games. The athlete's village will be the last thing built, as it usually is for these kind of events because there is no need to have housing sitting empty for years before the event. Back in the fall of 2004 on the old CFL website, there was a person who had claimed to see the drawings for the Shannon Park stadium. The bid for the 2010 Games which Halifax lost to Hamilton also featured the Shannon Park stadium, so these plans have been around for years. In other words, there isn't anything delaying stadium construction should Halifax be awarded the Games.

but I'll bet it will be nothing compaired to the MCG, the greatest stadium in the world. :lol:

And a winning team.

That’s what worries me: does Ottawa have to have a winning team in order to support the CFL? If not, fine. If so, then the fan support is not there.

Ottawa did support the Rough Riders though some bad times in the late 80's and 90's. mind you, that was without an NHL team.

So I think they will support a losing team, as long as the management is good. Forest has to go, Tillman needs to come back etc. and everything will be fine.

I think the fact that Ottawa has supported their team since the mid-70's - which was also the last time they had a winning team - shows that they would support the Renegades, as long as a competent and committed owner was in place. Remember, Hamilton doesn't have a winning team - 2 years ago they barely had a playoff team - and the fans support the Ti-Cats in droves. How are the people of Ottawa going to be any different from that?!?