Is it possible to build a new stadium WITHOUT tax dollars?

Yup, hockey nut all the way from what I’ve heard. That being said, never met him, but I like him, whether it’s trying to bring more NHL to Canada or CFL, whatever, all fine to me although football I prefer much better from a spectator point of view than hockey, even like the NFL over the NHL 9 times out of ten because I’m just a football man. But love playing hockey, it’s a simpler game to understand and play for most out there. Once you learn to skate, hockey is easy, get a group of guys, toss the puck in the middle and away you go. Not so easy in football, which is why I love watching it more than hockey.

Yes it is possible to build a stadium without public money. Unfortunately, it would be very small--likely seating for 200-300 people. Seriously, to build a decent facility suitable for CFL games and maybe a GC down the road, public money is needed.

An Argo-Cat fan

Here you go guys:

[url=http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Sports/Lansdowne+best+spot+stadium/1221037/story.html]http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Sports/Lan ... story.html[/url]

I know that many of you like to ignore what's going on in Ottawa but here is a great example of two rich groups - One owned by Melnyk who wants to build a 25,000 seat stadium for soccer next to Scotiabank Place, he just needs land. And the other group run by Hunt who wants to re-develop the whole area of Landsdowne Park and re-build the stadium.

You may as well forget about how a new stadium would be funded. Apparently City Council has been notified that they have until Feb 9th to come up with a proposal for a location and size of a stadium and what the city is willing to put into the project. This City Council won't even be able to decide to have a meeting about it before then, let alone make an important decision.

No wonder the league passed us by, and rightly so, for consideration to host a Grey Cup. You don't want the "Gem" of the season held in our stadium or in a city with no drive or backbone. Didn't we use to call ourselves the "Ambitious City"?