Is Braley Good or Bad for the CFL?

that is why they vote on the issues....I also thought I heard somewhere that the CFLPA did not ratify the salary cap when they signed their new CBA......or am I mistaken...

Yes, you did. So what?

May Tee Martin return to your Bombers! 8)

suprise...braley wants to run the league as commishiner again...what a loser.

[url=http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1150149009760&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064&t=TS_Home]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... &t=TS_Home[/url]

Good Question Eastvanmark. I've wrestled with that thought too.

Braley has been a great owner for us out here in BC. Not only did he rehire Ackles to get things back on track, but he's been involved in many other aspects of the team and the business community out here. Is he a strong opinionated owner? Yes. But its probably those strengths that have made him successful.

Am I mad at him for taking a run at Tom Wright? Yes! But he is only one owner out of seven. Can't the other seven owners think and make decisions for themselves, or do you really take what Mr. Braley says as the gospel? It takes two to tango...(or 8 in this league)

So as much as I like Tom Wright, and as much as I think it would be a mistake to let Tom Wright go, Don't blame David Braley for the entire thing, there are seven other voices on that board too! Braley is only one voice.

Braley is only one vote, but he only needs two other votes to block Tom Wright contract. I believe the same thing is at issue with the SMS.

Five teams could be strongly in favour of Wright and the SMS but they can still be blocked.

I am not saying the Braley is THE problem, but some of his actions seem to be contributing to the problems.

Well, actually, one extra vote does it. He and Wetnenhall usually vote in tandem.

I can say for fact that Wpg, Tor and Sssk are definitely behind Wright. Cgy more than likely.

Braley and Wettenhall are two big problems in the CFL. Unfortunately, with only 8 teams they have alot more influence than problem owners like Jerry Jones and Al Davis of the NFL.

There is NO chance of Braley becoming (interim) commish again!

NONE

Never say never...weirder things have happened. :wink:

Well, I read today that they are looking for a new Chairman of BOG to replace Tom Robinson of SSk. That in itself might prove just as important as what is decided today.

Braley did save the Lions, but maybe he should concentrate on putting more butts in the seats and finding sponsors who are willing to support the team instead of meddling with whoever is commish. Im a westerner also, and the fact is that Canada exists because of contributions from ALL regions, not just one.
No one has said it yet, so I will. Since when does a minority overrule a majority? If only 3 teams vote to turf Wright, then he should keep his job! Is it that some votes have more weight than others? All eight members should have equal voting power and if a two-thirds majority vote to keep Wright, then he should stay on a comissioner.

[quote="sambo42
No one has said it yet, so I will. Since when does a minority overrule a majority? If only 3 teams vote to turf Wright, then he should keep his job! Is it that some votes have more weight than others? All eight members should have equal voting power and if a two-thirds majority vote to keep Wright, then he should stay on a comissioner.
[/quote]
Since the constitution of the CFL said that you have to have a 3/4 majority! It’s very common for organizations to have rules tha stipulate special voting requirements for certain types of decision. Nothing dark or dangerous about it, just the way the rules work.

[quote author=“leeinq”]

Since the constitution of the CFL said that you have to have a 3/4 majority! It’s very common for organizations to have rules tha stipulate special voting requirements for certain types of decision. Nothing dark or dangerous about it, just the way the rules work.

OK, if they want to turf Wright, Braley and Wettenhall should have to get 4 others to agree with them, givng them 6 votes. Seems to me like Braley and Wettenhall have more say than the other BOG members do, and thats bad for the league.

[quote author=“sambo42”]

Sambo you just do not seem to get it! Wright has a contract that will run out at the end of the year. To extend it you have to have 3/4 of the teams agreeing to do so not the other way around!

No you do not see my point, it should be that a non-confidence motion should be in place. If three votes means no confidence, then another vote should be held to see wether he is retained or not, then you would need a 75% or better to turf him. It would be insane just to have 3 votes to decide a person's future. This system should be put in place to make sure that one or two people dont dominate the BOG.

PS-its a moot point for now anyway, Wright seems to have solidified his position somewhat after today's meeting.

In answer to original question, Gene Dunn of Wpg is new Chairman of BOG.

Bob Young is Vice-Chairman.

Gotta tell ya...interesting topic. Everyone sh*ts on Hugh Campbell, but there are more cancer's...not that Hugh's a cancer...maybe Braley's not either...I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

As an owner, it’s his right to express himself at BOG meetings…no?

All 8,000 of them? As of two years ago?