is anyone trying to sign marcus vick

Just wondering why i have not heard of any teams trying to sign Marcus Vick. I dont think the things he done deserve a ban from the CFL. He played one season with Miami and kept his nose clean. I think teams are stupid not given him a chance. Please someone signed Akili Smith.

NO!!!

kel[/b]

I believe the CFL will not sign a player that is suspended by the NFL. The Ricky Rule! If he did play I would make sure I threw dog crap at him he is a loser.

I think the Argos had Michael's little brother Marcus on their neg list a couple years back, but nothing developed.

He's not suspended by the NFL, Mike Vick is but Marcus Vick is not.

He's got way too much baggage for any CFL team to take a chance on him...

Prior to the 2004 collegiate season, Vick was arrested and ultimately convicted for providing alcohol to three underage girls who "claimed" to be college students. This is the account listed in paragraph 3 of the first section. In a subsequent incident, Vick was charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana. He was suspended from the university for the fall semester of 2004.

The 2005 season, however, saw more controversy surrounding Vick. On October 1, 2005, Vick angered fans and press in Morgantown, West Virginia with a display of his middle finger to the crowd during the game at West Virginia University. Vick later apologized and made no further comments.

During the 2006 Gator Bowl on January 2, 2006, Vick once again courted controversy when he violently stomped on the leg of University of Louisville defensive end Elvis Dumervil with his foot. Following the game Vick claimed the incident was accidental and asserted he apologized to Dumervil after the game.

Vick had lost his privilege to drive a motor vehicle in Virginia as the result of multiple traffic convictions, including reckless driving. On December 17, 2005, he was charged in Hampton, Virginia with speeding, and for the second time, with the more serious misdemeanor charge of driving on a suspended or revoked license. [4] These offenses brought the total of his traffic arrests to nine in Virginia during the time he was enrolled at Virginia Tech.

On January 9, 2006, he was charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm, a Class One misdemeanor [7] [8], in Suffolk, Virginia. A police report stated that he allegedly pointed a gun at a 17-year-old and at least two of his friends in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant in the 6200 block of Town Point Road in Suffolk. After Vick's girlfriend had an argument with three people, they claimed that Vick pointed a gun at them.[9] Vick claimed that the "gun" in question was actually a BlackBerry cell phone that was mistaken for a gun and that his accusers were trying to blackmail him.[10]

What has Marcus done wrong?

Was he an accessory to mikey's crimes??

those vick boys aren't right.

Cant seem to understand anyone logic. He did wrong (and who hasn’t). He paid for his mistakes by not getting drafted and losing possibly millions. He got one shot @ Miami and kept his nose clean. So you saying those things,which some he did not get convicted, should keep him from playing anywhere.

I'm saying a lot of teams will likely take a pass on him given all his history. Just because he kept his nose clean for 1 year doesn't mean it will stay that way.

People have to live with the consequences of their actions. Even after they change their ways. I dont want this type of person in the CFL.

Agreed!

What is this type of person. Do u want football players or saints. Please answer what this type person should be. I think the league need football players. I expect the same self rightous people to come out and bash Marcus as they did with his brother.

They may need players, but those players need to be dependable...they don't have to be saints, but you need to know they're not going to do something to damage themselves, and your team in the process.

I would rather have a league full of pinball type personalities and character with feterik type talent, than a league of flutie talent with vick character.

They need to be dependable and never forget that they are roll models for kids.

"Vicks Charater" please!!! Turning your life around and doing better is a good role model. Not everyone will stay completely out of trouble(especially poor inner city kids that live in crime riddle nieghborhoods). Someone has to show kids if they mess up its not the end of the world. Then we should go to church and get the people who sin the less if u are into charater like that. Who would watch that type football? because we have so many haters without talent like you it will be harder for him.

Haven't been fans of the Vicks but Mikensu has a good point. Has Vick changed? as someone who has worked with a lot of people on the skids I can tell you that a year can do a lot.... or nothing at all.

The valid question is whether he NOW has the desire to play, has made any amends, and the supports and desire to keep clean. IF that's the case...

Marcus signed with the Dolphins last year to spend the year on the developmental squad trying to hone his skills as a receiver. Never heard how he made out, there.

Marcus almost is just as bad as Mike.

First, this is about Marcus Vick. Every other person says something about Michael . Is it fair to be combined with what your siblings has done. Lets judge Marcus alone. Most of the things he did were done around the age of 20(which is not to far from a teenager). Some of people aren't as mature then. Every person who has done what he has done dont deserve chances in life. or does he just not deserve a chance @ playing football?