Invite Bobby Brooks to training camp!

If his injuries are healed, I think he should be invited to compete for a spot. He was the best linebacker we dressed this year.

No better than Auggie, we need a real replacement.

The only difference I see between those two is that Brooks made plays and scored TDs. Brooks was/is head and shoulders better in my books. That being said, I miss the days when we had an absolutely dominant MLB that would stuff a guy and bend him backwards, not hold on for dear life and drag a guy down after 7 yards.

In my estimation, when Brooks was at his HEALTHIEST he was a BIG Improvement over Auggie when put in COVERAGE. At his healthiest, Brooks was at best an EQUAL to Auggie when asked to RUN DEFEND. At some times he was actually worse against the run.

Overall, I thought he made the defense more ATHLETIC while out there and I would not strongly oppose his HEALTHY return...

However, I have to think the GM will be looking for a DECISIVELY BETTER option than both Brooks and Barrenchea for the STARTING MLB position next season.

Peace.

anyone else missin' calvin tiggle right about now...?

I say bring 'em back...if he wants to.

He was our best MLB this year...no doubt.

I agree Bobby was Great leader in Brief time here with us

any chance he'd do on the outside?

Our run stopping wasnt any better once Bobby Brooks entered the picture, and then he started to slow down after a few games. We need a real MLB, not Brooks, not Auggie. I like the "Zeke" from what I've seen statistically, I think this is the guy we should be looking at as our future starter.

[quote=“Meanstreak”]In my estimation, when Brooks was at his HEALTHIEST he was a BIG Improvement over Auggie when put in COVERAGE. At his healthiest, Brooks was at best an EQUAL to Auggie when asked to RUN DEFEND. At some times he was actually worse against the run.

However, I have to think the GM will be looking for a DECISIVELY BETTER option than both Brooks and Barrenchea for the STARTING MLB position next season.

I agree with both paragraphs, but I’m buying the second one the most. Neither one of these guys are good enough.