Investors Group Field........

the canadian press is reporting that the bombers were looking for $20million for naming rights. bombers transition officer, jeff thompson said the deal meets all the requirements they were looking for.

so it seems they got $20million over 12 years or $1.6million/season.

the bombers owe the manitoba government $85million, so these naming rights just took a nice chunk out of that :thup:

I would call it the IG TURF HOUSE.

and every time the bombers sucked, the fans would call it the Turd House :wink:

Oh for crying out loud Earl, just give it a rest. And no, it wasn't worth it, because there is no value to visible highway locations, especially since games are going to be on freakin' television anyway...

No value to highway locations for companies to advertize? Okay there Evil, whatever. :roll:

Call it the Historic "Rodney Danger" Field

Badum ching

I don’t know where Canadian Press got their numbers because I’ve never seen anything to indicate they were looking for that much. I’ve not seen any articles in the Winnipeg papers where anyone from the Bombers gave a dollar amount. All they’ve ever said was it would be significantly more than the deal with Canad Inns. From what I understand, Bob Irving at CJOB is saying it is $6 million over 12 years (so $500,000 per year) which is much more than the previous deal (about $120,000 - $150,000 per year).

lmao, yeah that would have been hilarious.

On stadiums Earl, on stadiums. Of the three named stadiums in the CFL only one is near a highway, and people still call it the Skydome anyway. The naming rights derive value for being on TELEVISION…

So to put a stadium next to a highway just to increase it’s naming value is purely an act of stupidity…

:roll:

Winnipeg is doing so many things right.
Naming rights to a Winnipeg based National company
Building on a University site that will be shared
Beautiful stadium
Finally stable in all facets
And of course the Jets are back.
It all seems to be coming together.

just goin about biz in an understated very professional manner these days.
well done

…I could care less if they call it McDonalds, McDougals…or McWendys…as long as they write us a nice cheque…and yes Flag (preceding post) you make some valid points…Winnipeg has done it the right way :wink: :thup: