Investors Group Field is a Mess !

A lot of those stadiums benefit from being down south. Climate alone… this is Winnipeg in winter…

It's unfortunate that there continue to be issues with the IGF. At least the discussion this time around is more reasonable than prior ones where the bombers organization was being blamed for stadium construction problems and delays. The contract to build the stadium was a fixed price and it's hard not to wonder if there were some corners cut as the build went over the expected budget with the builder on the hook for the overages. Another example of a fixed price contract project where the builder ran into problems posted over at morningbigblue.com [url]http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/shaganappi-bridge-delay[/url]. Other issues such as the drainage problems could possibly trace back to the architect that designed the project being in over his head. Whatever group of people that made the decision should have hired a firm more experienced in stadium design as the Riders have done with HKS. It would have cost more in the beginning but it might have saved them the money that will be spent on the back end. Thankfully the club won't be on the hook for paying the fixes.

A lot of the workers were from Southern Ontario :wink:

Don’t get your point. Are you saying construction workers from Southern Ontario aren’t very good or that they would intentionally sabotage a project?

I should know better than to get into it with a troll like TC23.

Most workers are consientious I would say and do what is asked of them. If the plan was to put in double pane windows in suites I don't think a construction worker would go out and buy a single pane on their own and install it on a huge project. Or go out on their own and buy cheap insulation for the pipes. That was all higher-up decisions I'm sure in the companies.

During the Construction, phase 1 and 2, it was well documented through pictures that construction workers were from Southern Ontario, Numerous pictures were posted of "Tiger-Cats" Spray Painted on the beams !! Who knows what happened :wink:

I guess during Phase 3 Construction in 2016 they can remove the Graffiti :stuck_out_tongue:

IMO, IGF should have been held of a half an extra season, if it was not done.

BC Place opened in Sept as opposed to the start in 2011.
Same thing should have been done with IGF.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the problem was no so much the cold weather, but the strong winds.
It is documented that was the main reason for delays.
Anyone who has ever been to Winnipeg summer or winter knows what I am talking about.

Crane construction is not possible with dangerous winds and it was delayed. Then there was a push to hit a deadline no matter what.
Corners were cut , overlooked and here is the result.

What is done is done, just hope they can get it fixed before the start of 2015 kickoff

I feel bad for the Winnipeg fans and the tax payers.

But single pane windows vs double pane? Clearly someone was cutting costs and didn't care about the future of the stadium. Yup, sad mark for Manitoba as a whole. Can they make me want to take in a Grey Cup there with all this bad press over the stadium? convince me...

I read the list and looks like most of these would have come from “Change Orders” : Modifications the Owner requested after the General Contract was awarded and final plans approved. Some of the details are ambiguous too. I would not be surprised if a countersuit was filed by some involved either.

lol, as a contractor, how do you not know the difference between a wet and dry sprinkler system and where they go?

Well we had a plumber that worked for years at a steel plant here in Hamilton, this guy was recommended by the hardware store we bought our new faucet at, a retired plumber. The guy was crap, didn’t even know or want to use that white plumbers tape on the PVC plumbing parts, leaking after he left, wife and myself took it apart somewhat and put the white plumbers tape on the threads, problem solved. Nothing surprises me with trained people out there in the trades. Now the story of a very good plumber who had to tell an electrician what to do when we had a jet tub installed by a very reputable company. Some of these trades people I have no idea how they got their licence in the first place. :roll:

Now don’t get me wrong, not just trades, some doctors, lawyers, teachers etc. are much better than others, that I will admit.

Hope for the owner that all these change orders were approved by the Engineers :wink: