Internet Exploder vs Firefox - round II

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tech/browser-wars.html]http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tech/ ... -wars.html[/url]

This article pretty much sums up the difference, strengths, and weaknesses of the two most popular web browsers . I am a fan of Firefox, because of the customization, tabbed browsing, and a host of other features (and the fact that it's NOT from Microsloth).

Now, before people start jumping all over me for posting this in "Ticat Chat" (I have been guilty of that myself), please hear me out.

From what I understand, the great people from "Mr. X" are ardent Firefox users/programmers (Ron, CM, please correct me if I'm wrong). As well, having used both IE and Firefox on this message board, Firefox "feels" better.

Please, I would like to hear your comments.

Darn - I clicked the wrong option in my own poll... lol

Delete the thread then start again.

Nobody but us will know.

Netscape preferred

Firefox as backup

IE: Almost never

Never have used Firefox but I do like the name.

Firefox.

I've messed around with Opera, but I just don't like it.

Netscape is overkill for me, but it was my default before Firefox.

IE is disable on my system through the Program Access and defaults.

If a website needs IE, I don't need that website. Period.

good ol' reliable IE for me.

have used both, and if you’re used to something (ie set in your ways) like i am, the different features of Firefox are a pain in the arse.

isnt this 'off topic'?

I used to be a complete netscape devotee.. but the newer versions really aren't very good. Now I use Firefox almost exclusively.. there are a couple of sites that I use IE for.. but I really don't like it.

Lets see. IE 7 is a copy of firefox...hmmm
like carbonated Niagara wine is a copy of Champagne :roll:

Firefox all the way, I find on my comp, it is faster than IE and will NEVER go back

I dont use the internet.

Use both But Firefox I use a little more.

Firefox in this household, I don't allow IE unless it's a site that has to be accessed via IE (upgrading a Linksys 54G router comes to mind, doesn't update with FF).

The office uses IE only (I work for a Montreal based ISP as a sys/net admin) and they are cleaning out viruses and spy ware on a weekly basis.

I do side work here cleaning peoples computers and once I install FF for them I rarely get a return call, the IE users have me back at least once a month, which is fine by me, more money in my pocket.

Just my personal experience with IE and FF.

as a Systems engineer I will say, firefox USED TO BE better than IE, but now Firefox is much worse.

Build after horrible build it is so bogged down with crap its really not worth the download.

Its slower now also, and with Service Pack 2 from XP, IE now is just as secure as Firefox.

FF uses more memory, had a huge exploit in the past couple versions (could actually access a FF user's entire machine via malformed url) and just plain useless.

But I will say I will use Opera most of the time...quickest Browser around...but how long until they also decide to keep adding 'features' that do nothing but complicate and slow things down, a la firefox.

The whole firefox bandwagon is jsut rediculous...it was better yes, but they killed it long ago.

each to their own I guess.

Its slower now also,
FF loads this page in 3.755 seconds. IE in 3.563 seconds. Not much of a difference to me.
and with Service Pack 2 from XP, IE now is just as secure as Firefox.
27 Confirmed exploits in IE with the latest patches, 0 with the latest Firefox.
FF uses more memory, had a huge exploit in the past couple versions (could actually access a FF user's entire machine via malformed url) and just plain useless.
Firefox with 8 plugins installed takes 45,680K on this page

IEPLORE.EXE takes 41,980K

But I will say I will use Opera most of the time...quickest Browser around...but how long until they also decide to keep adding 'features' that do nothing but complicate and slow things down, a la firefox.

The whole firefox bandwagon is jsut rediculous…it was better yes, but they killed it long ago.

Well as I said earlier, I get call backs on IE users, FF users not so much.

YMMV.

I’m out to watch the TO vs Peg game. Enjoy your evening.

Regards,

Rick

I'm using Safari and really enjoy it. I love it's lack of features :slight_smile: except for tabbed browsing and the google search.
I do have Firefox for the odd site that doesn't function well in Sarfari.

Sady IE on the mac is horrible :frowning: just bloody horrible...

You aren't old enough to be set in your ways...