International Stout Day

I think a lot of CFL fans (not to mention HQ employees) could probably use a pint or two of nice stout today.

Anyone care to join me in drowning some sorrows?

I think I might go pick up one of these 3-packs in an hour or two:

And maybe a couple of these, 'cause they're so damned good:
wellington Imperial Stout can

4 Likes

Damn, I had no idea anyone else knew about stout or even liked it.

I'm a lager guy. I don't care for beer you have to eat. :smirk:

2 Likes

oatmeal stout is my favorite beer.

that M31 gift pack is amazing :star_struck:

If it is anything like a Guinness I am in

My beer tastes are seasonal. I won’t be in the mood for stout until January, next to my fireplace.

1 Like

I've had their barrel-aged stout offerings for the past two years. Sweet, heavy, strong stuff. But so good for sipping on cold winter days.

But their Russian Imperial Stout is dangerously good--8% but so drinkable.

Alas, my plans for celebrating international stout day ended up being derailed. As it turns out, yesterday was also an anniversary of sorts (day my wife and I met 21 years ago). Luckily, I was reminded of that before I tried to sell her on a stout day celebration.

1 Like

well you could have told her you should both do something you wanted to do for a change...I do not see how that could go wrong at all😄

2 Likes

I'm with Porky here. When someone asks me if I want one of these type beers I answer " I want a beer I don't have to fight."
I tried every beer I could and was always a lager or pilsener guy, then Miller came out with Miller Genuine Draft, sooo smooth and easy going down. It's been my fav for many years now. Only a coincidence that it is connected with Harley Davidson.

2 Likes

Lagers are so bland and tasteless. Stouts only taste good when you're in Ireland. IPAs and Belgian (or Belgian-style) strong ales are the only way to go.

Some people like Brussel sprouts and broccoli, some don't. This one of those instances where there is no real right and wrong

2 Likes

I find IPAs too bitter, and they tend to trigger my ulcer. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

But I've really started trying different Belgian (style) beers the past couple of years and I love them. Dubbels really hit the sweet spot for me--full of flavour, pretty strong but not so strong it's doing to knock me flat (like some quads I've tried).

2 Likes

Funny you mention Brussel sprouts and broccoli as I hate them both.

I prefer a dark beer but not one too heavy like a Guinness if I’m going to have more than a couple. I can enjoy lagers and pilseners too if they have a bit of flavour, but can’t get into watery flavourless beers like light beers and Bud and Sol.

I find that Canadian beers are far better than US beers but my favourite beers are from Mexico, except for Corona as I don’t like smelling skunk much less drinking it. Mexican dark beers to me have the extra flavour of a dark beer but not the thickness of most dark beers. My Mexican friends all drink Victoria. Bohemia is also very good as is dark Dos Equi which must be consumed because they have the best beer ads ever made. There are a few others but my favourite beer of all is Modelo Negro. Tons of flavor but not too heavy. Available everywhere in Manitoba at least but pricey. About $15 Canadian for a 24 in Mexico.

2 Likes

I am with you on this but i also realize others do not like the same stuff.
Their loss i think but don't hold it against them ...well not too much.

1 Like

I'm a fan of the trippels and quadruppels, as well as the American strong ales. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

It is the same with coffee. I prefer a good espresso or a half white. My brother MUST have 18 percent triple coffee cream and triple sugar. I call that the drink of someone that does not like coffee...I know I am right on that too but my brother will never see it that way :smile:

2 Likes

Love Guinness on tap poured correctly and love Negra Modelo had my first Negra when I was in my 20s ... It was cheaper back then than a coke was

1 Like

This is the most interesting post in the world.

3 Likes

I see what you did there :smiley:

1 Like

Stay posting my friend.

3 Likes