INTERNATIONAL BOWL................

WELL WHY NOT HAVE THE CIS CHAMP VS AT LARGE MAC CONFERNCE TEAM?WELL I THINK THE RULES WOULD MAKE THE GAME BORING BUT I THINK ITS WORTH A SHOT....

Well why not try not to use caps every now and then.

Who cares about the International Bowl??? They barely got rid of 20,000 freebies last year!!

MOST AMERICANS DONT CARE EITHER.....I THINK IF THE NCAA PLAYED THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN TORONTO IT WOULD DRAW MORE HYPE THAN THE GREY CUP TO BE HONEST......

I want to go to that Game but i do think the game will suck its rated the 29th best bowl out of 30 bowls. i think if we put a CFL team vs the NCAA team we would have a chance

I like college football but don't follow it enough to watch anything other than the 3 or 4 biggy ones. And the International Bowl ain't one of those.

I STILL THINK THE CIS CHAMPION SHOULD PLAY IN THAT GAME VS A NCAA SCHOOL....

Are you being serious?

Any CFL team would kill any NCAA team.

why not the cis championship against a mac school?

MOST AMERICANS DONT CARE EITHER.....I THINK IF THE NCAA PLAYED THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN TORONTO IT WOULD DRAW MORE HYPE THAN THE GREY CUP TO BE HONEST......
NCAA championship draw more hype than the Grey Cup? That is the stupidest comment that you have ever made, and you have made a lot of them...to be honest.

I might check it out.

Maybe not in Canada, however, the NCAA BCS Championship game certainly DOES draw more hype than the Grey Cup. Hands down.

It the US, of course the BCS Championship game draws more hype in the US than the GC does in the US.
If the BCS Championship game was played in Toronto, compared with a GC in Toronto, of course the BCS game would get "more hype", the demand for tickets from Americans would be huge, they love their football and would pay anything. The GC doesn't have the population of football fans to draw on like the US does for football championship games. How much hype Canadians would have for the BCS Chamsionship game in Toronto is another question though, probably many Torontonians and southern Ontarians would get caught up in the US hype over the game. This won't happen with a bowl game like the Int Bowl though which is a low ranked game.

This is on Sportsnet if anyone's interested. I woke up way too late today.

According to Associated Press..

..Attendance was 31,455
..Several CFL scouts attended.

The wife and I were at a local watering hole for lunch today and the Int. Bowl was on one of the screens. From what I could tell there was ALOT more of the color Blue...(empty seats) then any other color! So i would think it was safe to assume those numbers were padded for effect.

The interantional bowl was between two teams that are regularly polled as being in the worst 20 teams in the NCAA Div 1 football. Rutgers vs. Ball State? I'm not sure why anyone would want to sit through a game like that one. No wonder you saw a lot of empty seats.

Not to mention that the majority of those in attendance were wearing the colors of the two teams. My guess is that whatever the real number was, it was mostly family..friends..relatives..and people from those schools. Probably very few Canadians.

the attendance was legit. I was at the game and the 100 and 200m level were almost full(capacity of those levels is about 30k) Also there were people in the 500 level as well. About 20k were from the schools with the rest freebies to local high school teams and tickets sold outside of the 2 schools

I think they used the same ticket counters that the Jays use for baseball games.