Interesting comment by Cheatwood on RDS

« Je vais découvrir une ville merveilleuse avec des amateurs qui croient en leur équipe, et je n’ai que de bonnes impressions sur Montréal et son équipe de football. »

"Which translates to...I will discover a magnificient city with fans that believe in their team..."

So all you Cheatwood fans can get off the wagon because he doesn't give a heck about fans in Hamilton. Do you need more clarification? Time will tell...let's talk in September...damaged goods, we'll see?

Maybe Ticat "fans" should think twice before booing their team off the field so loud the TV networks are laughing..... or maybe ticat "fans" should think twice before screaming and swearing at coaches and QB's from the seats.

Maybe thats what Tim is hinting at.... i could be wrong though.

It could be worse.....we could say nothing.When the fans stop screaming , then Bob will start to worry.

I think the number of posts on this web site says alot.

PS , does this really need a poll...really?

He never said anything about Hamilton fans. IMO, he was just using the standard cliches that all athletes used when traded. He wouldn't be too popular in Montreal if in his very first interview he said something along the lines of:

"I really miss those awesome fans in Hamilton."

Why wouldn't he say that? If that's how he feels. Sounds bitter to me...good riddance.

I didn't know Cheatwood spoke french! :lol:

Currently the vote is 5 to 7 that Cheatwood will not crack the Al's lineup. Clearly Marcel made the right move.

Cheatwood will make the Montreal roster, even with a limp. I think he is that good. Few Cats didn't have a bad year last year, and throw in an injury.....
So far, if i would disagree with any move Dejardin has made, it would be that one, but he knows the health report on Cheatwood better than I do, and perhaps how Cheatwood was in the dressing room. Cheatwood also did get his share of penalties...

Of course, it helps that Montreal fans have, year after year, had a team that competed, often for the Grey Cup, and therefore is deserving of the fans "believing" in them. A bit harder to "believe in" the 1-17, 4-14, 5-13 mess that Mr. Cheatwood and his pals delivered to usually packed stadiums in Hamilton over the past couple of years.

The fans in Hamilton who believed in their team
like me and some other diehard fans on this website

and players who believed in their team-mates like Tim

were swept into the fury of the torrential rapids
that was our stomach-churning season last year
floundering desperately unable to avoid the rocks.

Hopefully for us, Marcel and Charlie can steer us
around the rocks into calmer waters this year
with a much different crew of white water rafters.

Here's hoping for an exciting and successful ride!

cheatwood wud rather b a ticat neday trust me he lives near me hes only sayin this stuff to make marcel mad, if he cud he would cum back 4 a paycut too.

Great, great, player. Attitude questionable at times. Lacked personal field discipline and picked up a lot of penalties.

On one play he'd make a fantastic sack and raise team morale and on the next take a dumb penalty.

My guess is that Desjardins - who is sounding like a pretty hard-nosed individual - has dropped a higher priced veteran who WON'T be giving the kind of leadership HE'S looking for. This looks like a team-moulding decision.

Add a 'Cheat' to a high-functioning team and he'll be absorbed into it and probably make it better. Keep him on a team being rebuilt to new specifications and he might just mess up the new chemistry.

All speculation, of course.

yeh on the bright side we only r missing 1 solid de, dont forget about AC, hes wicked, n at DT every1 has forgotten bout clinton wayne, those r too guys that r solid, we jus need to fill a couple holes, perhaps in febuary. :slight_smile:

Let Montreal have this guy. The CFL is known for, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY! He was invisible last year. I think Dunbrack played better on the d-line that Cheatwood. If he burns us, shame on us. You can't sign someone for what they did before a major injury or in the past. Case in point, Joe Montford. Management finally had the sense not to sign a 36yo defensive end who has lost a few steps!

[quote="Tiger_Dirt"]Let Montreal have this guy. The CFL is known for, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY! He was invisible last year. I think Dunbrack played better on the d-line that Cheatwood. If he burns us, shame on us. You can't sign someone for what they did before a major injury or in the past. Case in point, Joe Montford. Management finally had the sense not to sign a 36yo defensive end who has lost a few steps![/quote

First of all montford situaton is completly different. terrible analogy....cheat is young and coming off a nfl camp tryout year. obviously he had a disappointing season he was hurt. The team is idiotic to get rid of this kind of calibre player nad have nobody ot replace him. i could be wrong but untill i see something more then some de hopefuls in camp i think this is a bad move.

Very good points, Mark.

Hearing them makes me feel a little bit better. And yet...maybe

I am seeing things through rose coloured glasses

wasn't he a more disciplined Tim Cheatwood last year?

Tim may already have his impulsiveness under better control.

I'd say we'll find out soon enough whether DJD just made a great decision or a bonehead move. If Cheat plays up to his full ability and we gave him away it will definately NOT be good. I do have serious doubts about him recovering completely, though. Time will tell.

What if Cheat plays to his full ability and we bring in a new talent that plays just as well or better? Sack numbers aren't the only factor to take into account. As long as the D line performs and we get our sack numbers back up, then everything is fine. It just isn't about an individual getting the sacks. The line as a unit needs to get consistent pressure on the QB. Individual stats are only one way to gauge a players ability. One guy could step up so that opposition needs to double team him thus freeing up the others on the dline.

Remember when all-time-Ticat Dave Hack was let go to make room for no-name Travis Claridge. Lots of hand-wringing, change is bad, he's gonna come back to haunt us talk about that too. Until Claridge suited up and tossed Joe Montford around like a puppy in a blowout win over Edmonton.

No disrespect to Hack - sometimes you've got to take a half step back to move forward.

Perhaps Oski-O-O can correct me, but I don't think that Montreal fans are any more forgiving than Hamilton fans. Even with ten winning seasons, seems to me the fans were questioning Matthews and Calvillo over the last summer during their dry spell. And the first time I experienced home fans booing their own team was at the Montreal Forum watching the Canadiens.

Long story short: Cheatwood the veteran player makes nice with new team and new city's media, while -- perhaps -- taking potshot at GM who cut him.