Interesting article on Andre Proulx

7 Likes

Such dedication. Love it.

2 Likes

Never realized he kept going after a heart attack. My only critique would be he's always looked uncomfortable & hesitant addressing the crowd, other than that he does a great job, despite what the haters say. Kudos, Andre.

Had it during a game no less

Really? I never saw it like that.
English is his second language and he is less comfortable....but he speaks better English than many anglophones that I know

3 Likes

He seems to stumble in his presentation often. It's a very minor critique, he just loses a few 'points for style'. I hope some of the newer officials show us the dedication he has.

I think some of that is because unlike most Refs he tries to explain the call and doing it in a second language.

3 Likes

I think he speaks more comfortably than many other refs in the league. Especially earlier in his career, I found him much more professional in his presentation than his peers. He's getting more out of breath as he ages, but that's understandable.

Food for thought. He has English as his second language.this means he has to think in his first language, French, translate to English and speak English all on the fly.
Most of his haters can only speak one language and some of them are also morons.
Kudos to this ref.
Also, above all he only announced the penalties.... He is only responsible for actually personally calling a very small percentage of actual penalties that he is responsible to see and call in my game.... For the most part he has gotten an unwarranted bad rap.

3 Likes

That is not really true, but your point is bang on nonetheless

He's an easy target because of his accent. I have no doubt that the people who are crapping on Proulx will be crapping on the next head ref that comes along to fill his shoes. Reason & logic seems to have little to do with it.

2 Likes

I agree, its amazing how many people on facebook jump on him because he does not pronounce the 'H' in Hamilton....its an accent! Get over it
These people care barely speak one language and they make fun of people who speak 2

2 Likes

Holy molley I am in total agreement with you on this matter ... The world might not be coming to an end after all

I think he articulates better than average. And for not being his first language that's even more impressive. My French is no where as good as his English!

2 Likes