INSTANT REPLAY AND REFFING IS HORRIBLE

I know that poor reffing occurs in all sports, and I have never complained about reffing before, but it's becoming a complete joke in the CFL! We now expect 2-3 crucical and extremely controversial calls per game(sometimes more)! If the ref announces to the field that the pass to Tucker was called an incompletion, and he whistles the play dead, the play CANNOT BE CHALLENGED. But Doug Berry goes out and persuades the refs to challenge it... WHAT A FU**ING JOKE! We all know the game is out of reach for the Eskimos why are the refs trying to spark even more controversy!??????!!!! All games this season have had EXREMELY controversial calls, and if this persists I may consider lowering my respect and support of this league!

I think that instant re-play has been great.

The REFS are actually better than last year.

EDMONTON having a bad night?

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Didn't EDMONTON win a challenge tonight?

Like I said when I posted this... We know that the game was out of reach at the time. Why are we going to start changing our minds after calling an incompletion, refs?

They showed a replay after it was ruled an interception, Carter had the ball long before the whistle was blown. It was a fair challenge.

The CBC ran a replay just to hear when the whistle went, and it went well after the Winnipeg defender had the ball in his hands, so it was definitely an interception. Berry challenged the call made on the field, and it was a smart decision, cause the replays showed the right call was eventually made.

I wonder if Edmonton's coach would have been as whiny if they were winning?

If a ref steps on to the field and calls the pass incomplete, and his whistle before Winnipeg gets the ball proves this...HOW IS THE PLAY CHALLENGABLE?

Esks123
Quit your whining. The replay CLEARLY showed that the ball never touched the ground. The sound also CLEARLY showed that the whistle had not blown until seconds after the ball was in Winnipeg's hands. The Edmonton reciever never had full control, the whistle had not blown and the ball had not touched the ground. What was the ref supposed to do, consult with Hugh Campbell for a decision?

Just won't let go the fact that Winnipeg beat the "Great" Eskimos fairly. Something had to go "Unfair" to the Bombers eh?

ESKS123,
BTW pass completions are reviewable! This was not an incomplete pass.

I think Berry wanted to get it reviewed as a complete pass that Carter stole, but turned out being an interception.

The whistle didnt blow until well after the bomber defender had the ball esks123, that is why Berry challenged the call. The official must have had the same replay the CBC eventually showed, to hear when the whistle went.

After the play, the refs had a little conference and one of them stepped on to the field and announced to the crowd that the pass had been ruled INCOMPLETE!

Once again… I will congratulate your winnipeg team on a solid game all around. I am not using this play as an excuse for the esks losing, like some of you are saying. In fact, I think the eskimos and their coaching was the result of their loss! What irks me is the fact that the ref wants to start calling controversial plays once THE GAME IS OUT OF REACH(I knew the esks had lost-this play wouldn’t dictate any outcome in the game). If you’ve been on these forums long enough you’ll know I’m a patient and usually courteous guy, I don’t mean any harm.

.........I can vouch for that.......

.......the reversed call was correct though....

What happened in Edmonton last week when we played calgary then? It looked like burris had fumbled the ball, the esks tried to challenge, but were told we couldn't because it was ruled an incomplete pass... Is there something I'm missing or are these the inconsistencies I'm talking about?

If Burris' arm was in a forward motion when the ball popped loose , then its an incomplete pass, and therefore, is not a challengeable call.

Didnt vote yes or no for this. I think they need to do a better job on what can and cant be challenged and clarify this with the coaches and fans. I think that the big problem with instant replay this early in the season has been the miscommunication between the media, fans, coaches, and refs.

I didn't see the game but if the original call was an incomplete pass then I would say that it isn't reviewable. Its inconsistent. The bright side is that this mistake didn't cost anyone a game. Perhaps everyone will learn from this experience.

…………………………………….,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_
…………………………,,,--~’’¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’-,,
…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,, ; ; ;¯’-,
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-, ; ; ; ; ‘,
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : ;||; ; ; ; ; ‘,
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| ; ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,
,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , , ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
……… ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,----,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,--,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .| . . . | . . |
; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; || . ;|___/ ; ;// ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,

esks123 - quit ur whining! in the end the right call was made - it wasn't a complete pass, but the ball never touched the ground before the bombers got possession, therefore an int - deal w it - the whole point of video review is getting the call right and in this case, it was made. "man boobs" machio challenged an earlier call and won a reversal - so it goes both ways! deal w it! mayb the fact we kicked ur ass is more of a sore point than the officiating! 'til next time!