Injury Report

That’s a trivia question many people would get wrong - including TSN announcers. Even within the last few weeks I’ve heard them call Andy a “perennial 1,000 yard receiver”. He’s been close many times but only got there once.

Doesn’t seem like too long ago when we had 4 receivers on pace to reach 1,000 yard this season - with Andy 4th among them and just barely on pace to get there. Then the injuries struck…

I would have gotten that wrong as well. I think many people would be surprised that he only exceed 1000 once with SK, though he also had seasons of 978 and 882. He only played a full 18 games twice in SK. Among other things, there’s the year he missed most of the season with an NFL tryout. He’s also come close with Hamilton before (971, 896), and notably has had several of his Hamilton seasons shortened by injuries (his 896 came in just 12 games in 2013).

Now, after the loss to Ottawa, Andy's "magic #'s" are 7 & 8 ...... 7 more receptions and he's the first TiCat ever to catch 100 in a season ..... and just 8 more yards to hit the 1000 mark, as pointed out, for just the 2nd time in his career and the 1st as a TiCat. He's been great this year.

Here's hoping Clarence Campbell isn't about to become #24 on our long list of injured players. He was out of the game early in the 3rd. last night and didn't return. Can't say for sure, but I think the injury was to his left leg, knee or lower.

:oops: Typing with a hockey stick above. "Clarence" should be "Terrence."

Did you notice that long line of players in black and gold hoodies lined up along side the player's bench? I'm sure it was Owens on the crutches for you conspiracy guys.

Looked like a pretty decent team, sort of like counting off the subs at a NCAA bowl game?

Like this

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 16h16 hours ago
SNAPSHOT of the #Ticats sideline. The group of guys between the 20 & goal line are among the 37 on the injured list & practice roster. #CFL

Austin said that Tasker being on the 6 game doesn’t mean he can’t or will not be recalled.
Hopefully Collaros and Tasker are ready soon

I thought that if you are put on the 6 game you can not be recalled before 6 games? wasn’t that put in place to stop teams from using the 6 game to lower the salary cap ?

You can be put on the 6 games and pulled off at any time. But then your entire salary is counted against the cap. There are also restrictions of when you can start to practice before coming off the 6 game.

Rehash: Fantuz any word, Brooks is ok looks like just a Stinger?

Also why is our team the most injured in the CFL the last two seasons?! Bad luck?! Lack of conditioning ?! Time to fire the trainers?! Time for the team to invest in the top Personal trainers and Gym at the stadium?! there has to be an answer or something we are all missing here , bad luck excuse is bullshit! Oh maybe it's the new Turf at THF?!

Possible ACL for Fantuz.

[url=http://3downnation.com/2016/10/29/ticats-andy-fantuz-year-torn-acl-sources/]http://3downnation.com/2016/10/29/ticat ... l-sources/[/url]

THF TURF strikes again?!
EG: lucky Argos have a nice soft natural soccer pitch to play on !
We can blame our Turf for two ACL injuries now.

Holy Mackinaw the whole team must be injured? Our injury lists look more like an entire first string team in the CFL?

It must be the Turf Demons or something that is contributing to all these injuries yet again and this has been going on since the Ti-Cats moved into THF in 2014/15.

I wonder if the management have a warranty on the turf??

Shamawd Chambers, who tore his ACL as a visitor at THF, commented after Collaros' injury that the turf at THF is "sticky" and he felt it contributed to his own injury.

When the stadium first opened, the players were remarking on how "fast" the turf is, spinning it at the time as a positive.

I thought the Johnny Adams injury last night looked like it could be another example where "stickiness" of the turf might have been a contributing factor.

When I watched the replay of Addams' injury, it looked like the cleats on his uninjured foot got caught in the receiver's sock/shoe. That could be why he landed awkwardly on his other leg, and his ankle folded. He was in a LOT of pain, slamming his fist into the turf, etc.

How about the training aspect , conditioning on and off the field , are other teams better , are they doing something different ? It's wierd how our team has had this issue for what 2 or 3 seasons

I think that curtain "other things" need to be looked into.
If it is a turf issue...
I can't see that being replaced, as it is still very new.
Perhaps that stickiness will diminish as the turf ages.
As if it is a case of just bad luck....man our Cats have had more than
their share of it.

Move into the 21st century and take a scientific approach to injuries and their prevention, conditioning, diet, training, sleep habits, etc… and all factors having a bearing on player performance optimization.

For more information on this area of research, Google Dr. Jeremy Bettle, Director of Sports Science and Performance, Toronto Maple Leafs.

Oh wait, this is the CFL. This takes some money and forward-thinking management… never mind.

How about the coaching braintrust?

Releasing Tiquan Underwood was a stupid move, considering how many injuries they continue to have on offense, and how well he is playing in Montreal.
I give up on this Team…

The Eagle.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Underwood under-performed - remember the missed TD catch that helped cost the team a win? I defy ANYONE to have 20/20 clairvoyance with regard to injuries.

At the time Underwood was released (August 26, i.e. two months ago), the Ticats were using three international receivers, and had Tasker, Owens, and Toliver starting, and Banks as a backup. We also had three pretty good national receivers in Fantuz, Watt, and Coates. Underwood became expendable because he wasn’t performing at the same level as the rest.

Austin’s crystal ball isn’t quite good enough to be able to see the future injuries to three of his starters and the suspension of his international backup.