Injuries Status for Week 20

Can we expect to see any of these starters back for Saturday?

-Dyakowski
-Fantuz
-Gable
-Koch
-Ellingson
thats a lot of talent on the offense

-Bowman

Maybe Fantuz. I wouldn`t hold my breath on any of the other.

Drew Edwards @scratchingpost · 1m 1 minute ago
#Ticats WR Andy Fantuz w/ helmet doing drills on sideline. No team work yet but he’s closer. Would be a big addition vs. #Alouettes. #CFL

This is very good news!!

Okay Grover, let's go over your injury list:

Dyakowski: Forget about it, he's done for the year.

Fantuz: Looks like the only one of these guys that is probable to play.

Gable: Like Dyakowski, I believe he is done for the year.

Koch: Won't get back into the line-up unless two import receivers get injured.

Ellingson: Even if he is healthy enough to play they would probably have to remove Sinkfield from the line-up which I don't think Austin is prepared to do. Sinkfield, while not as good a receiver as Ellingson, is definitely more versatile. Can catch, run the ball,as well as return kicks and punts.

Bowman: He's been the odd man out since Austin has done the smart thing by dressing two running backs. I don't think he'll be back in the line-up unless an import defensive player, not in the secondary, gets injured.

100% correct & spot on analysis.

One thought … How about dressing Bowman instead of Harris? Use Bowman @ SAM on obvious running downs & Gainey @ SAM on 2nd and long? Bowman may even be the better choice against the bigger, more physical receivers on Montreal overall?

Just a thought.

Drew Edwards @scratchingpost · 1h 1 hour ago
Other #Ticats players resting today: @Mr513RicoMurray @Tank_Reed1911 @jfig305. Would expect all to be ready for #Alouettes #CFL

I’d have no problem with that and it makes a lot of sense but I’m sure the biggest difference is that Steinauer likes the versatility of Harris over Bowman.

Spot on yes, except that is not my injury list.
http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/default/2utgv3d.gif

Fantuz is practicing today

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 40m40 minutes ago
Actually, Fantuz had uni on under his sweats and will practice. Good news for #Ticats fans.

I heard Fantuz was practicing and should be ready to go against the Al's on Saturday, he had a hamstring injury but it's better, maybe enough to play?