Inflation and winning.

I believe its clear I was responding to Black and Gold but if you are feeling guilty … I still believe its clear I was responding to Black and Gold. If however you care to comment on my observations earlier in the thread specifically addressed to you I’d be happy to hear from you

And you call the forbidden chant lame? Geesh. How disappointing.

catsconvert:

For a guy that joined yesterday you sure post a lot. What was your name on the forum below?

Spin Spin Spin everybody Spin Spin Spin.

Frankly, my head is spinning. Rolling Eyes

I’ll say! Its enough to make you lose your Kelly hat, isn’t it?

My tickets went up 25% from last year. 8% inflation over the three years I was in the traditions club is just about 25%. I can see where you would have thought by now that the team wouldn't have been an embarrassment when the traditions club ended and you could charge whatever you wanted, guess what uhuh.

I was seated in the platinum seats, tackle box or whatever tag you want to put on it. I couldn't give the tickets away last year and you want to raise prices in a completely unreasonable mannor.

I'll put it this way since you are in the publishing business. It is kind of like raising prices on a book that nobody wants to read.

This year, I will come to games but see no need to commit to a full season to an organization that I really think is run by smoke and mirrors.

This year, I will come to games but see no need to commit to a full season to an organization that I really think is run by smoke and mirrors.
so far they have let 3 go and hired one. If Obie makes much more than MD made then they will just find the money from Mcarthy and Smith by not replacing them and letting obie do all the player personell stuff along with rambo. Obie will handle it all. Thats just what I see coming, they always find the money somewhere else and shuffle the deck. Will mcarthy and smith be replaced? or will obie take on extra? If we were and have been spending to the cap every year as the team has said then how do we do what bob said is going to be done? spend for more expensive quarterbacks and recievers? if we already spent to the cap on the team the last few seasons how do we spend more now?

good point beet.bo says hes NOW committed to doing whatever it takes to put a winner on the field.so basically he is admitting that the last few years while the stands were full,why bother spending on the field these people will pay to watch any garbage.i guess we proved him wrong.
so this year he’ll spend and we’ll pay.
maybe the cuts will come in the overloaded office staff.

my point exactly, if there is a limit to what can be spent on players and the team spent to the limit yearly then how can they get more expensive players? can only spend so much and they spend it so…how the heck is that gonna be done?

could it be that last year we werent even close to the cap.was the fall guy marcel? was he ordered to cut costs at all costs.the only other way this year i guess is cap schmap,win at all costs.

I don't mean to ruffle everyone's feathers here, and I am sure the increase in ticket prices has come as a shock to many, but we have to make sure we don't lose sight of the fact that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats are a business first, and having a professional football franchise in the city is essentially a luxury item.

If you are worried that these ticket increases are going to break your budget, you are full within your right to cancel your subscription. It's as simple as that. That is the best way to send message to the team aside from a nice hand written letter to 1 Jarvis Street.

I enjoy these forums as much as anyone, and freedom of speech is a great thing, but I really wouldn't give myself Carpal Tunnel Syndrome trying to get the Ticats head office to lower ticket prices or acknowledge their mistakes.

The people who run the Tiger-Cats aren't stupid and I am sure they examined numerous sources before settling on the current ticket prices in an effort to maximize profits while retaining customers.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats are a great institution in the city, but let's not let our emotions make us lose sight of the fact that this is a business. And the goal of a business is to make money. Plain and simple.

Just ask Art Modell.

• paul

Good post Paul and I agree with you completely. The owner made a post explaining he is gonna get more expensive players but there is s limit to what a team can spend on players and the cats have said they spend to that limit so how now are they gonna find a way for more expensive players? it doesnt make sense to me. They cant spend more on players, only to the cap, and they say they already do that. Obie is expensive but MD, Smith and Mcarthy are gone. If they are gonna spend more money then its not on players or they havent been spending to the cap all along.

I think Bob is more referring to the Football Operations staff i.e. GM, coaches, scouts, etc.

I think Bob is more referring to the Football Operations staff i.e. GM, coaches, scouts, etc.
I am just going by what he said, its pretty clear he plans on more expensive players. so far three management are gone and one is hired. Cant wait to see who replaces mcarthy and smith or if obie just does everything with rambo. Obie costs more than MD I am sure but if smith and mcarthy arent replaced then its probably a money saving move rather than the other way around but we will wait and see what happens. The more expensive players should help though I dont see how they can do it.

DEAR RED HAT BANDIT;far be it for me to correct you but according to stats can inflation between nov.2000 and nov.2007 was just shy of 12%.If you hit me with a 15% increase in sectin 26 my lips are sealed and my postings silent.

Do these questions not deserve answers?

Link of Stats Can info?

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/inflation_calc.html

punch in any dates you wish. In fact the past 4 years haveonly brought about an 8.54% increase making that particular poster seem more than reasonable and willing to pay any justified increase with room for an actual rise in spending over and above inflation

me and my dad used to buy seasons tickets, and last year was the first year in 8 years we didn’t because of the poor on field product, but last year we still managed to make it to 5 games. With this increase in price, i doubt we will renew anytime soon. I hope singles tickets aren’t as expensive, as i still hope to make it to about 5 games. Last year it was hard to convince my dad to pay 40 bucks a pop to go down and watch that joke, so i found myself going down with friends alot. This increase is ridiculous.

Hi Bob:

If I may, for the next state of the franchise preseason party can we be provided a real state of the franchise report. Don't get me wronge I loved the awesome atmosphere and presentation of the party.

As a season ticket holder I see myself as an invester and as an invester I'd like to see the return I'm receiving on my ticket. So it would be informative if we could be brought up to speed on the financial operations of the team.

It doesn't have to be an extensive report, rather a brief statement.
For example:
[b]Last year:
The team cost XXXXXX amount to run. The team cost XXXXXX amount to operate.
Grey Cup pavillion cost XXXXXX and generated XXXXXX in profit.
We made a profit or loss of $ XXXXXXX

This year:
The budget for the 2008 season is XXXXXXX We anticipate with a winning season we will generate XXXXXXX in revenue from ticket sales, vendor sales and merchandise sales.

I would also like to hear the vision to move forward from the football side of the operations[/b]

To me I would be more then satisfied and feel very informed if a State of the Franchise Party was to occur and include this information in the format.

I may be asking alot, but as a regular season ticket holder I have a monitary and personal investment in the team through purchasing my season tickets. By letting me know what's what as it were I may gather a better understanding of why the past year was the way it was an what to look forward to this year.

Thanks and Happy Holiday's Bob!
Jare

Good Luck getting face value for selling a couple of games you can’t or won’t attend. I’ve never gotten my money back from anyone who has taken my tickets. We don’t mind supporting the cause and enjoying the night out, just don’t stick it to us when the on field product is very sub par.