Inflation and winning.

The reason ticket prices cannot remain the same or (better yet) be reduced is simply because running a professional football team, and putting on 10 major home events at Ivor Wynne, keeps becoming more expensive every year.

The Ticats are committed to winning this year, and we will spend the money necessary to achieve this. This will include more expensive GMs, Coordinators, Quarterbacks, Receivers, and whoever and whatever else is required.

"Official" inflation rates are around 4% every year, year after year. But unofficial estimates of inflation are much higher. This Globe and Mail columnist's take on the "real" rate of inflation is north of 8% annually:

[url=http://www.globeadvisor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/story/gam/20071201/STBUYSIDE01]http://www.globeadvisor.com/servlet/Art ... TBUYSIDE01[/url]

Cheers, Bob.

shouldnt the thread be titled inflation and losing.i can deal with an increase as per the rate of inflation.in my job i'm lucky to get that.somehow though i think these are a little above that.

The Ticats are committed to winning this year, and we will spend the money necessary to achieve this. This will include more expensive GMs, Coordinators, Quarterbacks, Receivers, and whoever and whatever else is required.
Finally!!!!

Bob

Don't you think its reasonable that people are upset that the 4 year rate of inflation is far below the rate increase the Cats have hit them with. You can massage the numbers all you wish but the majority of us have been getting increases at or below the rate of inflation and the increase is simply intolerable. Do you think its fair to ask a season ticket holder of 30 plus years to absorb an increase that is more than triple the rate of inflation or take a cheaper seat leaving all of his/her buddies behind. You explaination is simly outragous. The rate of inflation is 4% and any massaging of figures to sugget otherwise is diturbing. I'm beginning to think you have lost faith. I have faith that this massive increase will cause yet another attendence drop. I've seen it before and I don't want to see a return of 11,000 per game and yet another bankruptsy

The Globe is a great paper. Here is a Globe story about how the Forbidden Website guys held a party during Grey Cup week to release the Cats from the Curse.

http://tinyurl.com/yrfbup

(I'll be posting the full story on Forbidden Website sometime in the new year)

So beyond ticket price increases,and more expensive personnel, the real reason the Cats will begin to win is because we (The Forbidden Website Guys) released the team from the Curse!

Whenwill you be getting thecast off you arm Jake? (injured patting yourself on the back) rotfl

It will be interesting if we win any thing this year Bob!Good luck and all the best in trying!

(jakethe snake) So beyond ticket price increases,and more expensive personnel, the real reason the Cats will begin to win is because we (The Forbidden Website Guys) released the team from the Curse!
It appears more to me like you HUNG A CURSE on the team.

You certainly didn't release one.

This makes sense now.

With the Traditions package, ticket prices remained the same for three years, despite inflation. And the record reflected that - a little bit less success for the money each year.

If the relationship between ticket price inflation and on-field record holds, we're in for marked improvement this year.

I for one am not upset at the increases.
As always every consumer has the right to go away.
One of the reasons that people are not going to flock away on mass is because it would be a tough pill to swallow staying home and missing a good team.
With a good team comes sold out stadiums...and scalpers that can charge more than face value.
The Cats have been a bargin for a night of entertainment in the past.
It hurts the seasons ticket holders more because the increase is felt each game, but guess what?
If you can't afford to go to a game and sit in the seats that you are used to, move down a package, or sell a couple of home games and watch those on TV.
The Cats are a business, not a government subsidized event.
Bob should spend lots, and charge more for it.
I would like to go to all Leaf and Raptor games, but must budget my disposable income as required.
If the Cats are a priority, then everyone can afford a seat somewhere in the stadium!

Telling your customers they aren't needed is a poor way to do buisness. Your suggestions say this very clearly and are pretty unenlightened

The Ticats are committed to winning this year, and we will spend the money necessary to achieve this. This will include more expensive GMs, Coordinators, Quarterbacks, Receivers, and whoever and whatever else is required
THIS YEAR? I thought that was being done all along, guess i was wrong and that explains the teams record. I spent my money year after year in the belief that all that was already being done and the understanding the team was getting and paying for the best of the best when available.

Bob

I don't think that anyone can argue that ticket prices shouldn't go up with the costs of the club. After all, it is a business. If higher costs result in a better product, it's worth it, but...

Having the Tradition Club tickets for the past number of years has been good for those who decided to support the club. We knew that we had to be hit with a big "catchup to reality" increase sometime. That being said, you decided to compound the increase by deciding to make the fans in section 7 and 26, actually all gold and platinum ticket holders, bear the brunt of the total increase in revenue.

As someone pointed out, 2/3 of the fans will have their ticket prices the same or lower than last year. Of course you don't hear them complaining, they complain about us complaining.

If it had been an across the board increase, it wouldn't have irritated me so much. The increase wouldn't have been as high (over 40%) and it wouldn't have seemed like you were targetting the longtime season ticket holders who occupy those seats.

For the last 35 years, if someone were to ask me how much my season tickets cost I couldn't tell them because it didn't really matter to me, I just faithfully renewed every year. Somehow you've managed to make it matter. The strange thing is that it doesn't really have anything to do with the product on the field, it's something that you can actually control, the treatment of your customers.

Re-reading my post at the beginning of this thread I don't see where you drew this inference from, but just to be clear:

Ticat fans pay most of our bills and provide the 13th man supporting our team at Ivor Wynne. We love Ticat fans everywhere.

We particularly love those of you who help keep the team in business by buying tickets, concessions, merchandise and all the rest!!!

don’t get your hopes up we have heard this before.

(Caretaker) We particularly love those of you who help keep the team in business by buying tickets, concessions, merchandise and all the rest!!!
How does the fan know that the huge increases in Sections 7 and 26 are not the beginning of a trend?

Will you do the same next year in Sections 8 and 27?

Why did you select the aforementioned sections to go platinum and incur a 57% ticket increase on these fans?

At least he admitted he wasn't committed to winning the last 3 years and was unwilling to spend what was required. :slight_smile:

Too bad. MD gets handcuffed and then shown the door and now Obie gets the open checkbook thanks to big ticket increases and a lot more money from the league with the new TV deal.

What they did to sections 7 and 26 was reprehensible.

The Argos had the same situation where the south endzones were reclassified as luxury club seats with at seat personal service. Big price increase for all NEW ticket holders. The existing season ticket holders were not slammed with a huge increase.

Why couldn't the Cats do the same? Or phase in the 57% increase over 3 years for existing season seat holders and charge the full new rate to new season seat buyers? Why not that option?

Did anyone in the office even consider not hitting the existing fans in those sections so hard?

Spin Spin Spin everybody Spin Spin Spin.

Frankly, my head is spinning. :roll:

You're not known for being able to keep up ... so relax. :slight_smile:

Like a record baby, right round, right round.